when i open my camera the whole system freezes. anyone have same issue? i haven't connected my curve to my computer so I havent updated anything since i bought it, could that be the reason? so when it freezes i just take the battery out, is that the correct way to reset?
    10-24-07 02:54 PM
    one way to fix, also check to see how much free memory you have in status
    under options. file free should be over 2mb. if is under 2mb transfer or delete dat and clear browser cache. goto browser, press menu goto cache operations and clear all items or reload software
    10-26-07 07:17 PM
    i checked and i have over 2 megabytes free memory. any othe ideas or should it just be sent back to factory for a new one?
    10-29-07 11:13 AM
    It seems like there might be issues w/ your device. I have a 8300 as well just got it 2 weeks ago and I didnt have any issues, but I have added themes, unlocked themes, updated the OS package. No problems so far.
    10-29-07 01:18 PM
    I'm having the same Camera Freeze problem with my new 8310... when I open the Camera my whole system freezes... what should I do? Take it back?
    02-17-08 03:45 PM
    I can't even take any pictures. Anyone wiped handheld and started over?
    03-04-08 11:05 AM
    I still have not fixed my problem the exact message i get is...
    "Could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again."
    someone mentioned updated os package, what exactly does that do????
    06-04-08 08:48 PM
    Wow, and you just came back. Now that's some patience for yo ***

Updating the OS may replace something corrupted in your system. It's at least worth a shot.

But I did go back and look at your post a couple lines up where you said you have 2mb free. That is way, way low.

What do you have now?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-04-08 08:52 PM
    I'm having the same Camera Freeze problem with my new 8310... when I open the Camera my whole system freezes... what should I do? Take it back?
    I'm having the same problem as well. Still bumping for answers.
    06-10-08 11:34 AM
    Having issues as well with this curve I just picked up...
    09-28-08 08:11 PM
    I have had my 8330 for about 8 months. Never updated, downloaded games, themes, ect. I never had any problems until 3 days ago when this same thing happened to mine. Has anyone figured out how to correct this yet?
    11-28-08 04:30 PM
    Chiming in on this one too. I've only had my curve about 2 weeks but I've had to pull the battery several times. Kinda frustrating when you have a new phone. I know memory issues are the big thing, so I try to keep my storage pretty clean, but its frustrating to have to do that so much. I haven't downloaded more than 5 or 6 apps and 2 themes to my phone, but each day I have to do a battery pull at least once.

Just downloaded quickpull from the Crackberry store. I'm hoping that helps with my phone issues.

I do have to say that's one thing (big thing too) I miss about my WM phone. I could download as many apps as my memory card would allow. So many people have wish lists miles long on things they would like to see added to RIM phones, and its a big one for me. Make it so that you can put apps on a SD card!
    11-28-08 05:54 PM
    Wow, and you just came back. Now that's some patience for yo ***

Updating the OS may replace something corrupted in your system. It's at least worth a shot.

But I did go back and look at your post a couple lines up where you said you have 2mb free. That is way, way low.

What do you have now?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    I agree with AG on this. 2 mb is very low. Check out the link he gave you. You need at least 12 mb's for your BB to function properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 06:15 PM
    I was having an issue with my camera. I was getting an error message " Could not open camera. Close other applications and try again" (Somethign like that). I was getting so frustrated but finally i got it...This is what I did and it worked. Hope it works for you too!

1.)take off the back cover and press down on the camera lens or around the lens you might hear a small click.
    2.)then go to OPTIONS->ADVANCED->HOST ROUTING TABLES, click the BB button and select "register now"
    3.) then do a soft reset (Remove the battery while the phone is on. Leave the battery out for 1 minute and then put it back in and let the phone load up again)

let me kno if this works
    11-29-08 01:16 AM
    Never had that issue...I hope it all worked out for you!!!!
    12-09-08 01:24 AM
    i had the same problem-whenever i tried to use the camera, the screen would blackout and the blackberry would freeze.

i did what LAGold suggested-doing the whole camera click/registering thing and it worked! my camera is fully functional again

THANKYOU!
    01-29-09 09:49 PM
    I was having the same problem and the my BB Camara start working PERFECTLY after doing what LAGold described !!!
    THANK YOU LAGold !!!!
    01-30-09 06:40 PM
    Had the same camera freeze problem, did the camera click thing and now it works! Thanks man!
    04-04-09 12:27 PM
    Thanks LAGold
    05-11-09 01:00 PM
    I was having an issue with my camera. I was getting an error message " Could not open camera. Close other applications and try again" (Somethign like that). I was getting so frustrated but finally i got it...This is what I did and it worked. Hope it works for you too!

1.)take off the back cover and press down on the camera lens or around the lens you might hear a small click.
    2.)then go to OPTIONS->ADVANCED->HOST ROUTING TABLES, click the BB button and select "register now"
    3.) then do a soft reset (Remove the battery while the phone is on. Leave the battery out for 1 minute and then put it back in and let the phone load up again)

let me kno if this works
    Thanks for the info... This worked for me!!! Thanks again.
    05-23-09 06:19 PM
    After scouring the internet to find a fix for this... it turned out to be a simple fix. My 8310 phone would freeze whenever I attempted to access the camera and the video recorder. Pop off the back and using a cue tip, clean the lens. It got all gunked up with fuzz. I'm guessing that when the camera opens and doesn't sense light, it crashes. Hallelujah! -
    09-10-09 07:07 PM
    Thanks, LA Gold! I've tried several things, that did not work, and this did the trick!
    08-28-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD