Just purchased a pink 8310 off ebay, everything on the unit seems fine, a couple things worry me, the packaging, seems to be different from the other ones I've seen, the following picture shows a cheap plastic blue packaging that held the phone, but most of the boxes I've seen came with grey cardboard...

Also, never came with headphones or a sleeve...any insight would be appreciated...

EDIT:
    ----------
    For more photos as requested: go to ableminds.ca/curve8310
    Last edited by mint9317; 02-13-10 at 07:50 AM. Reason: adding photo album
    02-12-10 11:07 PM
    BlacK BeRy ?

I think that says it all!
    02-12-10 11:17 PM
    That is the worst fake packaging I have ever seen. Can you post pictures of the Phone?
    02-12-10 11:22 PM
    I wonder if the ebay listing said "black bery". that'd be hillarious.
    02-12-10 11:39 PM
    So how much did you get hosed for?
    02-13-10 12:31 AM
    better than getting an iFone
    02-13-10 01:10 AM
    So how much did you get hosed for?
    Yea man, sorry about your luck but you definitely got screwed over on this one.
    02-13-10 01:14 AM
    fake berry thats for sure
    02-13-10 01:25 AM
    fake berry thats for sure
    I really want to see what the actual phone looks like if that's what the packaging looks like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 01:27 AM
    If you paid with PayPal, file a complaint right away. The phone is fake/rebuilt/made from parts. Get your money back.
    02-13-10 01:42 AM

Man that sucks, soon as I saw the blue plastic I knew something was up, the IMEI matches the sticker on the back, the funny thing is, the eBay listing talked about how its authentic and not like those 'chinese imitations with invalid PINS', its too bad, the phone upgraded fine to the newest OS, and voice tests were fine...

can't post pics because I'm still a newb to the forums but here:
    go to ableminds.ca/curve8310
    for the photos, if you click on the slides there is a download link to see the full resolution photo if you wanna see it real close up.
    02-13-10 07:49 AM
    Hmm...that berry itself looks legit. It doesnt carry the usual hallmarks of a fake. Dual sims, buttons on wrongs sides, ect. I guess its possible that you got a refurb in a fake box. At any rate, hows it performing?
    02-13-10 08:52 AM
    Phone seems to be working fine, voice calls are ok, Its not on a data plan so I cannot test the data/gps capabilities atm...

I cannot find the water damage indicator either, I have checked all the inside under the battery so I am now under the assumption it was a refurb, with the case replaced with a new one as it is flawless, hence no indicator...

it was described in the eBay listing as brand new never used so I will have to contact eBay/Paypal...
    02-13-10 09:20 AM
    when you inserted your SIM card you should have gotten a registration notification either by email or text from RIM. If you got this notice, its probably a real Berry because it registered.
    02-13-10 10:19 AM

can't post pics because I'm still a newb to the forums but here:
    go to ableminds.ca/curve8310
    for the photos, if you click on the slides there is a download link to see the full resolution photo if you wanna see it real close up.
    My BB had a tamper-proof sticker, a tiny white sticker (about 3mm square) over one of the housing screws.
    02-13-10 03:37 PM
    Yea that bb does look as legit as it comes. I wonder if they just didn't have the box because they got it second hand or something. I'd say if it all works alright you've got nothing to worry about.

02-13-10 03:51 PM
    My guess is that it's a refurb or just repackaged. Is pink really and option from BlackBerry? I've never seen one in that color that's why I asked. I worked at a facility that refurbs phones and the packaging they use is sometimes like that. Looks close but is a little off. Like was mentioned already if you got the email saying it's registered then you have a genuine BB.
    02-13-10 04:30 PM
    My guess is that it's a refurb or just repackaged. Is pink really and option from BlackBerry? I've never seen one in that color that's why I asked. I worked at a facility that refurbs phones and the packaging they use is sometimes like that. Looks close but is a little off. Like was mentioned already if you got the email saying it's registered then you have a genuine BB.
    Pink was a color option for Verizon Curves for awhile. Along with pink Pearls. I'm with you though, it probably was repackaged at the least if not a refurb.
    02-13-10 04:38 PM
    yes, People are selling fake Black beRry on ebay. I once bought a fake one...lol believe me I got my money back...
    06-13-10 02:35 PM
    what was the ebay seller name? I'm buying one soon and I don't want a Black Bery. lol
    06-13-10 03:03 PM
    Well what those a flag for me is the fact that there's no branding on the front of the phone. On the bottom, below the spacebar there's no carrier name, even on unlocked phones I've seen there's usually a carrier name, not seeing that makes me believe that the housing has been replaced. If the phone is working fine, I wouldn't stress it & chalk it up to lucking out with this purchase.
    06-14-10 07:17 AM
    hmmm...the phone i'm looking at has no branding either. I've compared it to other photos of legit berrys and it all looks the same except the housing.

I asked the seller why there was no branding and odd colors and she said that she gets her phones from a friend who sells for RIM...idk how legit that is, but that's her excuse. /shrug

she has a return policy and the plastic is still on the screen so i guess we'll see...
    06-14-10 08:20 AM
    I'm no expert, but it looks like it might be a refurb with new housing...
    06-14-10 08:29 AM
    Looks real, probably just a fake box.
    06-14-10 04:29 PM
    I have a pink Verizon Curve 8330. I see yours has pink at the bottom on the back. Basically the only pink on the back should be the battery cover, everything else is supposed to be black.

06-15-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD