Hello everyone,

I have an 8310 from AT&T. It is a refurbished model if that makes any sense. I had a previous Curve to this one before it was stolen, and MSM worked like a charm on it with the media card supplied to me by AT&T.

Now, I have a refurb and a Lexar 1 gig card, and have two symptoms of one big problem (I'm guessing).

First of all, the phone itself does not recognize that it has a media card. Perhaps Lexar does not work with these phones, the card does not fit cleanly into the receptacle for it inside the back of the phone.

Secondly, when I double click removable disk on my computer, it does not pick the device up.

What is weird about this, is that piece of JUNK Roxio Media Manager picks the media card up. Or it says it does anyway. Of course, when you click it to open the media card's storage, it freezes up. I have installed that application onto three different operating systems, upgraded it each time, and it's still junk; but I regress.

Do I need another card that fits cleanly into the back of the phone without having to force the snaps down? I did not think that to be an issue sits the card ends up seating. I hope I have not damaged anything.

I also did a search and tried to do as much research as possible beforehand, I've had this problem for weeks. I hate wasting the time of the posters on an issue that's probably been covered before, but I just cannot find the answer. To anyone that has some suggestions, you'd be highly appreciated.

I have mass storage enabled by default, encryption mode set to none, mass storage mode support on.
    Last edited by Dev93L; 10-30-08 at 06:54 PM.
    10-29-08 09:07 PM
    My recommendation is that you go get yourself a new media card. You can find a 2Gig card for around $20. Don't believe what Roxio says. If the card is working correctly then Mass Storage mode will appear when you attach your BB to your computer.
    10-29-08 09:40 PM
    If your BlackBerry isn't seeing the card there is no way that Mass Storage Mode is going to work, so first thing first.

First make sure that you have the media card seated correctly. It should be placed into the metal clip and then lowered and locked into possition. Check the 101 tutorials in the Newbie section and I believe there is a good walk through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 07:37 AM
    I would see the the card is recognized and/or can be formatted in windows. Some people have had card issues after upgrading, but after reformatting the card on a PC got things working again.
    10-30-08 07:47 AM
    I don't think the Lexar cards are going to seat. If someone has one in theirs and it works fine, I either got a dud, or am ********.

I will get myself a new card; what brands are recommended?
    10-30-08 06:50 PM
    Sorry if you already know this, but make sure you are inserting the card correctly. We just got my wife a Curve last week, and the first time I tried to insert the card, I figured, "Hmmm. Slide the silver clip over. Check. Swing the clip up and to the left. Check. Lay the media card down on the board, contacts on card touching contacts on board." WRONG!!!

The card actually slides into the silver clip that is pointing up. Slide the card down into the clip, contacts first, contacts facing right. Then swing the clip and card down and to the right. When flat against the board, press down a LITTLE on the clip and slide it to the right to lock it in.

Hope that helps.

Michael
    10-30-08 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD