Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking here for awhile and really have enjoyed and appreciated the helpful advice and information. It is a great resource!

I have a 8320 Curve. I installed os 4.5, (from blackberry.com) I deleted the vendor xml file and everything seemed to be working ok for the first little while. I changed the theme back to the one I was used to using in 4.2 and it was ok but as soon as I reset the device I got a black screen. The DM would not recognize the device or rather showed it disconnected. Finally through trial and error I did manage to wipe the device and start over. Then I put a fresh install of 4.5. back on there. Honestly I was trying so many things that I cant even be sure how I got to that point but since I did have some functionality within the DM at that point that I do not have now, it probably wouldnt do much good even if I could remember what worked that time.

It really did not occur to me that changing the theme had been the cause of the first crash. Like I said, it wasnt until after I did a reset that the problem started. It wasnt until the second time I changed the theme then reset the device and had it crash again that I realized it was probably a confilct with that theme and the new os causing these big ka-booms.

Anyway, now I have no function at all between the DM and my device. The DM does however show my PIN # under connection, but when I try to run any of the programs it comes back device not connected. My device itself does not have the hourglass, just a black screen. The red light blinks but unless I pull the battery it will not turn off via the off button.

I have tried the JL_ cmder and the app loader from the app folder in common files where you try to trick it past the connection and get the thing to respond. No luck. I have tried about everything I could think of or have read about and can not get anything to work. I just want to wipe it and reload again and this time I will just delete the suspect theme. Maybe that will keep it from happening again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there any remote reset operation that tech support at TMO can do if I called them?

So basically a black screen, red blinking light but otherwise dead. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated especially since I am out of town right now and scheduled to drive home alone on Wed ( about a 5 hour drive) and would like to fix this before I leave because I hate traveling without even a phone that works.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Lori
    10-20-08 09:11 PM
    Your are likely correct in your conclusion that the theme is the problem. If you check with the theme creator, you may find that it's a known incompatibility.

This thread by Reed McLay may help you: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    10-20-08 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD