When my 9 month old Curve started to turn itself off randomly during phone calls and other usage, I bought I new battery. When that didn't fix the problem, I had the device replaced under warranty. Insanely, the brand new Curve that I just transferred my SIM and memory to three days ago is doing the exact same thing. WTF! Any suggestions welcome.
    08-17-09 04:22 PM
    Try It without the memory card to see if it stops, if not the next step is your sim card. Or do a wipe and try it without the memory card for a few days...without syncing your data.
    08-17-09 04:25 PM
    It is probably the memory card you transferred from one device to the other. The file system often gets corrupted.

Take the card out of your BB then boot it up, if it is stable without the card, try to transfer your files off the card and reformat the card in the BB. Move your files back to the card.
    08-17-09 04:25 PM
    Am I the only one who has noticed the issues with media cards lately?
    08-17-09 04:27 PM
    Though I haven't had any I've noticed a lot of people in the forums having issues with media cards needing reformated (or just generally not working).
    08-17-09 04:38 PM
    It does seem to be a common problem nowadays, yes.

Perhaps it would be good to warn people to take out their media cards when doing OS updates.
    08-17-09 04:40 PM
    Mine does this too. I did the battery pull, and it was good for a week or so. I did some updates last night and now its doing it again. I pulled my battery about 20 mintues ago and will see what happens when i reset it right now.
    08-17-09 05:01 PM
    Mine goes through phases. It will reboot insanely for a day, then it will go a week without one. I tried taking out my 16gig card and putting back in the original it came with, it was perfect for a few days, I figured bad card. Then it went into a phase of constant booting again.

I just did a wipe/reinstall a couple of day ago and it's been ok, a couple reboots but not bad.

I think it's like dealing with earlier Windows, you just get used to it. haha

Though when it interrupts a call, it's aggravating.
    08-17-09 06:04 PM
    Hi everyone.... I'm new to this forum... but this is totally what my curve is doing also... I didn't have any idea what the heck was going on since it had never done this before... but the MC was used in another cell for a few months.... I would have never thought that would have been the deal...
    Thanks everyone!
    08-17-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD