Hi,
    First of all, I am new to this forum and this is my first post here, so pardon all the n00bness on my part. And now that the formalities are out of the way, we can try get to the core of my issue.
    I have been having this problem of late, wherein my Blackberry Curve 9220 keeps rebooting randomly over the normal course of its use. I think the issue might be with the battery pack, could it be that the battery pack has expanded or shrunk and when the device moves, it looses contact from the jacks and the device shuts off. If that is the case, then will it be prudent to replace the battery or just duct taping it will fix it? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I belong to a poor household and replacing the phone or the battery will not be an option.
    This is just a speculation on my part, any suggestion would be welcome. Need I remind you folks that I am n00b. xD
    Also, when the device restarts (its always a hard reset), it drains my battery and with my mobile data on, the battery doesn't even last a day. I loose upto 20pc of my battery at a time. The device is a year and two months old. Any help would be welcome, my carrier is Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, India. Any other information required can be dispensed easily.
    The other issue I was facing was the use of BBM over wifi. I can use Whats-app and the browser over wifi but not my BBM. Do I have to get a BIS plan, or can I circumvent this and use BBM over just wifi somehow.
    Any Help would be highly appreciated. =)
    tl;dr? Blackberry f****ed, keeps rebooting, loosing battery backup, device becoming useless, what to do? Also, no BBM over wifi.
    P.S. - Sorry for my English, its not my native language.
    P.P.S. - I have come home for the winter vacations from college, and have to report back in 2 weeks. The nerfs there have blocked Crackberry. So this is essentially the only window I have to rectify this issue. Any help is welcome.
    12-05-13 02:08 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Sounds like a faulty battery. Have you replaced it? As for BBM it relies on service books. Without it ... Won't work.
    gro0vr likes this.
    12-06-13 08:50 PM
    I have the same issue and i have cganged it to a new battery now and still im facing the same issue, tried it in safe mode and even formatting the whole device but still im facing the same issue but while its charging it doesnt switch off much but at times it does restart while charging too. Please give me a solution
    12-07-13 06:43 AM
    I had this issue with a 9230 and was never able to trace if it was a hardware issue or a software one.

I have 2 bits of paper either side of my battery & the current carrier release OS for the device & have not had any more problems so far.

1 of my staff had a problem with massive battery drain (on any OS with no apps) and non working wifi - that was a hardware fault and was replaced by the carrier next day the carrier did appear to hint there had been a number of known problems with these devices. If your still in carrier warranty (1yr normally) then contact them for a replacement. If not then try the most up to date OS you can get, and a lil bit of folded paper either side of the battery & see if that resolves your issue.
    gro0vr likes this.
    12-11-13 01:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Sounds like a faulty battery. Have you replaced it? As for BBM it relies on service books. Without it ... Won't work.

Thanks Zocster!
    I suspected as much. I don't have ready access to a battery now so I can't replace and check! And what are service books?
    12-11-13 11:24 PM
    I had this issue with a 9230 and was never able to trace if it was a hardware issue or a software one.

I have 2 bits of paper either side of my battery & the current carrier release OS for the device & have not had any more problems so far.

1 of my staff had a problem with massive battery drain (on any OS with no apps) and non working wifi - that was a hardware fault and was replaced by the carrier next day the carrier did appear to hint there had been a number of known problems with these devices. If your still in carrier warranty (1yr normally) then contact them for a replacement. If not then try the most up to date OS you can get, and a lil bit of folded paper either side of the battery & see if that resolves your issue.
    I tried to update to get an OTA, but when I head over to software updates, and do a check for updates command, it says "unable to send requests for available updates". I am using my wifi conection, and the browsers and other apps are working fine with it.
    12-11-13 11:28 PM
    I never recommend an OTA update - If you have access to desktop manager do it via that route. Is your phone on a work BES server or have an IT policy ? We block OTA updates, but allow Wired updates.

If you haven't used desktop manager before then have a look at any of the sticky threads about updating your phone and you should be good to go.
    12-12-13 08:55 AM
    I never recommend an OTA update - If you have access to desktop manager do it via that route. Is your phone on a work BES server or have an IT policy ? We block OTA updates, but allow Wired updates.

If you haven't used desktop manager before then have a look at any of the sticky threads about updating your phone and you should be good to go.
    I am a college student, so no, my phone is not on any BES server, and I don't have an IT policy.
    I will try updating via the desktop software and revert back you as to how it went.
    Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 9220 using Tapatalk
    12-12-13 09:04 AM
    Ahh that's cool then - you should be good to go with DM. I can only report that so far my device has been ok - not sure if its the bits of paper & the extra padding or they finally fixed whatever the issue was with the current software. Good luck & hopefully you get it sorted.
    12-14-13 10:45 AM
    Okay, so I installed the DM, and tried to get the phone to update, it recolonizes the phone, but there is no option to check for an update. And in the eariler version of the DM that I used, and update popup would appear, but here, it is not. What to do? How do I update?
    PS - got the latest version of the software from the BB official site, so no issues here.
    12-19-13 03:22 AM
    i have tried inserting paper
    it did not help
    my handset is under warranty and blackberry has replaced the handset once but its no use
    the new handset also reboots

the only thing which worked was not using data on the blackberry !
    and their support team had guts to suggest i should use as little data as possible.

overall with such pathetic support of product
    its no wonder blackberry is on the way down the drain

WILL NEVER BUY OR SUGGEST ANYONE TO BUY A BLACKBERRY
    12-19-13 08:23 AM
    Well all I can say is if you want a better device spend more money...

Sorry - the 92xx are nasty plastic things anyway - we get them for work as there the cheapest unit on our contract.
    12-19-13 12:29 PM
    Well all I can say is if you want a better device spend more money...

Sorry - the 92xx are nasty plastic things anyway - we get them for work as there the cheapest unit on our contract.
    Dude, I can't seem to update using the Desktop Manager, and since I am home from the college for winter, I would love to install a fresh copy of the OS if I can't update from the DM before I go back to the university again, as they have blocked these sites.
    Can you please help me as to the DM upgrade process, or post a link. I have scoured the forums but cant seem to find a page which describes updating the 9220's is given. If I can't indeed update, then how do I uninstall this copy and install the latest OS.
    12-20-13 09:33 AM
    @gro0vr - sorry that previous post was for @Virender Mansukhani

See below anyway - if you need more help I'll try & check back over the weekend for you.

What version of OS are you running at the moment on the phone?
    Who is your carrier/vendor ID?

alt+shift+h will tell you.

Then have a look at; BlackBerry - Desktop & Device Software Download Sites for BlackBerry users - UK and check there is a suitable update - you can go for any carrier/version you like.

Then see this post as it gives a very good step by step guide as to how to remove the vendor.xml file(s) and do the update in full & fresh;

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post9187948
    12-20-13 03:25 PM
    Try taping your battery in place. If that doesn't work than try a factory wipe.
    06-22-14 03:45 PM