Hey All,

Been using 8900 for some months now. Suddenly, the ringtones got louder (on the Low setting). When i try the Loud setting, the ringtones are unbearable as if the phone was gonna blow up ! Any clue ?
    The only factor that has changed and might be related is that i purchased a holster with the special "magnets" inside, and i am quite sure it is not an genuine blackberry product. Might this have ruined my blackberry speaker of something ?

Lemme know if you have any ideas.
    Tx
    05-10-10 03:03 AM
    Hey All,

Been using 8900 for some months now. Suddenly, the ringtones got louder (on the Low setting). When i try the Loud setting, the ringtones are unbearable as if the phone was gonna blow up ! Any clue ?
    The only factor that has changed and might be related is that i purchased a holster with the special "magnets" inside, and i am quite sure it is not an genuine blackberry product. Might this have ruined my blackberry speaker of something ?

Lemme know if you have any ideas.
    Tx
    Thats a bit odd. My tones got louder when I upgraded to 5.0. Have you done an upgrade?
    05-10-10 08:44 AM
    actually i was thinking of upgrading to 5.0 to see if this problem goes away !
    05-11-10 06:44 AM
    Today while plugged into BB Desktop software, it told me an upgrade is available.
    Now i have 5.0.0.681 and the problem is gone. I can select loudness from 1-10
    and it works very well.
    05-27-10 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD