I like my new 8900 but am very disappointed with the fact that it is not compatible with Napster to Go! The Napster website shows compatible devices and it seems like all phones but the 8900 are compatible! I don't get it. Why not make that phone compatible? I love my Napster and the thought of using my Blackberry as an "all in one" device was part of the decision to purchase...if I would have only confirmed.. Does anyone know if there are plans to make this phone compatible?
    08-13-09 06:20 PM
    I haven't heard about the "rent a tune" services for quite awhile, and I'm surprised that any/many are compatable with smartphones. How do you transefer that protected music onto your current phone? As far as I know no BB will play protected digital music. I think the device has to be PFS certified in order to work with Napster to Go, and I don't think Blackberries are PFS. Maybe you can stream music?
    Last edited by thebignewt; 08-13-09 at 06:33 PM.
    08-13-09 06:29 PM
    People still use Napster? WOW!!
    08-13-09 06:33 PM
    People still use Napster? WOW!!
    I guess so. I looked it up. BestBuy bought it last year. Still $15/mo to rent/transfer, $5 just to listen unltd, and you can listen limited for free (like Yahoo). I had a Dell DJ as my first player back in 2003 and they had a PFS version a year later. I really thought that concept died. I know Yahoo got into it, bought Musicmatch (I used that some). The MS Zune did the rental thing too and that's still around. All I ever did with Napster was PTP. Now it's all about the Russian sites for me, but they're not PTP, you pay.
    08-13-09 06:41 PM
    I was surprised by Napster as well but their selection is great and you have unlimited downloads that you can take with you for $15 per month. I'd rather rent music because I've purchased plenty in my time and its all just collecting dust right now...I like new music all the time and like to just pull albums off without having to listen to figure if I want to buy. Pulling two albums a month makes it more than worth it (example, I just used Pandora to find a new artist and then went and pulled their whole album from Napster with no need to sample tracks and spend time "testing" the album to make sure I want it). Anyway, not here to sell it, just wanted to note that among compatible devices are the Bold, 8820, 8800, 8320, 8310, and so on. There are actually a lot of compatible phones if you go to their website and search compatible devices...I was just bummed when my phone wasn't compatible.
    08-15-09 12:54 AM
    I have this exact issue. So if you solve it I'd so very much appreciate your posting the solution here.

I'm frustrated that my Blackberry 8900 won't play Napster to Go.

There must be some software out there if all those other Blacberrys are supported, eh?
    08-17-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD