Hi Y'all!

I'm a newbie at Crackberry, but reading and learning since i got my BB, but got my account today because i really need help.

Since a few days i have some strange problems with my BB Curve 8900;
    - E Key is broken
    - Alt Key is only functioning when using it in single use (so not possible anymore to hold the ALT key and type the symbols at the same time).
    - Right Convenience key is not starting the camera anymore. I don't think its broken, because when my BB is asleep, and when i start pushing the right convenience key the screen does light up.

I tried a battery pull, but it doesn't solved my problems. I don't have any warranty anymore. So anyone with solutions, does a upgrade of the OS maybe works?

Thanks a lot!
    06-17-10 11:56 AM
    Key damage is almost always the result of moisture damage. It is a hardware issue, not a software issue. You could try a different OS, but that probably will not help.

You could check some of the tutorials about how to take your phone apart and try purchasing replacement parts and fixing it yourself. http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/bl...cement-185961/
    06-17-10 12:00 PM
    About the E-Key, i understand that one could be a hardware issue. But the Alt key, and the right convenience key are not broken, only not working like the way they should.
    06-17-10 12:06 PM
    I had to get my 8900 replaced when the lights on the end and back key went out on my phone. Not sure if it is similar to yours, but if it's under warranty you should be able to get it switched out, so long as it's not water damage.
    06-17-10 12:15 PM
    I dont know what happenend, but this morning everything was working perfectly again... ? anyway, i'm happy !!!
    06-19-10 09:11 AM
    Even the broken E key ?

that's good news
    06-19-10 09:34 AM
    Jup, everything including the E-Key.
    06-19-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD