Hello,

Just recently received the blackberry curve 8900 and just within the last day-the clock/loading symbol is appearing all the time.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

The only thing I have added recently is 2 email addresses.

Thank you!
    06-26-09 07:42 AM
    The clock symbol on the main screen will show up if you have an Alarm set for the next day... did you add an wake-up alarm???
    06-26-09 07:50 AM
    I do not think so. How would I check?
    Thank you.
    06-26-09 07:53 AM
    I do not think so. How would I check?
    Thank you.
    I think there are two ways... first open your Calendar and look for a Red dash (which is an Alarm) either later today or tomorrow... I think it displays this for an Alarm in the next 24 hours.

Next open your Clock... you can have an Alarm set on there... Menu > Set Alarm... be sure this is set to off if you don't want an alarm.
    06-26-09 07:58 AM
    can you get a screen shot of the clock that is giving you trouble?
    06-26-09 09:01 AM
    go to clock setting, you will find a way to get rid of this screen, but....isn't it a nice stuff?
    06-26-09 09:04 AM
    Thanks for your comments- I checked and the alarm is off and no red marks in the calendar.

Any other suggestions? My phone is a little hot too- if that matters?
    06-26-09 09:04 AM
    Try a battery pull as well.
    06-26-09 09:06 AM
    Good call Clint... and just in case you are not sure what a battery pulls is... leave the device on, pull the battery, leave it out 20 seconds, put in back in, wait 2-3 minutes for it to boot up.
    06-26-09 09:21 AM
    LOL... yeah we need to sticky the battery pull instructions...hahaha
    06-26-09 09:23 AM
    L O L !!!

06-26-09 09:46 AM
    Thanks for directions on the battery pull- I will try the battery pull. Did not see anything in the clock settings- alarm is off.

What displays is a little box that seems like something is updated and will display and disappear almost every 15-20 seconds.

Sorry for all the questions- very new to all this stuff.
    06-26-09 10:12 AM
    Thanks for directions on the battery pull- I will try the battery pull. Did not see anything in the clock settings- alarm is off.

What displays is a little box that seems like something is updated and will display and disappear almost every 15-20 seconds.

Sorry for all the questions- very new to all this stuff.
    Sounds like you are describing the Blackberry Hourglass... that just means it's busy trying to do something... if that happens more often you might do a battery pull also, but typically I do a battery pull about once a week to keep my 8900 running well.
    06-26-09 10:22 AM
    Thank you very much! So, is the blackberry hourglass normal? Also, should I do a battery pull each week, would that help?

I appreciate your comments- thanks.
    06-26-09 10:36 AM
    LOL... yeah we need to sticky the battery pull instructions...hahaha
    LMAO!!! Good one Cilantro!!
    06-26-09 11:15 AM
    Thank you very much! So, is the blackberry hourglass normal? Also, should I do a battery pull each week, would that help?

I appreciate your comments- thanks.
    The BB Hourglass will happen... is it normal? Some say yes, some say no... it does mean your small computer called an 8900 Curve is doing something... you should not see it too often, but the more you play with your device the more you might see it... my recommendation is to always be sure you are closing or exiting from all your apps... there are only 5 apps that should be running on a Blackberry at any given time... those are Browser, Call Log, Home Screen, Messages, and Messenger... you can check these in more current OS versions by holding down the Menu key for a couple seconds, the old way is to use the Alt-esc key (hold down the Alt key and press the esc/return key just to the right of the trackball).

As far as rebooting every week... that's up to you... play it by ear and if it needs it that often, by all means do it... if it's every 10-15 or 20 days, then that is what you need or want to do.
    06-26-09 01:26 PM
    I am having the same problem, the hour glass keeps appearing every few seconds, when I'm only running one app. Any other suggestions?

I've also taken out my battery and sim card to no avail.

thanks.
    06-28-09 05:29 PM
    I am having the same problem, the hour glass keeps appearing every few seconds, when I'm only running one app. Any other suggestions?

I've also taken out my battery and sim card to no avail.

thanks.
    You are running more than one app... there are 5 required apps that are running on EVERY Blackberry...

Apps running in background: Alt-esc (Home Screen, Messenger, Browser, Call Log, and Messages)

If there are any other apps running you should close or exit them properly.
    06-28-09 05:36 PM
    Maybe the memory is getting low on your phone? Correct me if I'm wrong but that could also happen as well.
    06-28-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD