Hi all,

I am ready for upgrade from my Curve 8330 and need some help on choosing which mdoel to go with.

Curve 8530 or Storm 2

I am on Verizon and I use my phone for emails text and love to play with Apps.
    I carry the phone in my pocket, not in a holster.

I feel comfortable with my curve and am a little "timid" about moving to a touch screen for fear that it will give me problems.

Give me the pros and Cons or any suggestions.

Tahnks to all!

FireWalker
    01-15-10 08:43 AM
    if ur not really comfotable or not really sure about touchscreens then u have ur answer and its the curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 09:09 AM
    but i want to love the touch screen......im just nervous
    01-15-10 09:11 AM
    The touch screen is sweet, very easy to type on. Its cool to have a big full screen to browse and look at pictures, or watch movies. Get the phone and try it for a week or so and take it back if you change your mind within 30 days. The storm 2 is a great device tho..
    01-15-10 09:17 AM
    Main difference you're going to see between the two is simply that one is a touchscreen device and the other has a QWERTY keyboard (of the physical nature). I briefly played around with a Storm2, and it was pretty sweet, seemed really responsive.
    However, I'm a physical QWERTY fan myself, and that would seem to be the advantage that the 8530 would have for me, however, coming from an 8330 to the 8530, there just wouldn't be as many differences between the two for my liking. Granted, the 8530 has more memory, and WiFi, but the camera is a downgrade IMO since there is no flash, and the screen is a carryover from the 8330.

If you're comfortable with your current Curve, then stepping into the 8530 will be no problem for you at all. Similar keyboard, size, form factor, a nice transition. Storm has a better camera (3.2mp autofocus, 2.0mp for the curve).
    01-15-10 09:20 AM
    I would choose the curve2 over the tour, but choose the storm2 over the curve2.

I recently played with my boss's s1 with the new os and it is amazing.......
    one handed typing though like on a curve is no go.....
    I am torn.....I think if I had a s2 I wouldn't txt and drive......
    01-15-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD