Hello all! First time posting, love the site.

I got my Curve 8530 a month or so ago and have been able to figure out most of my issues. However, after updating the OS a couple weeks ago, I have an issue in the car that I can't seem to get to the bottom of.

While driving, I have my Blackberry mounted on the dash with an aduio wire going from the phone to my stereo input in the car. Usually listening to Slacker or mp3's. Previous to the OS update, I would receive or make a call and hit the speaker button on the keyboard. The person's voice would come out of my speakers and I would just talk and they'd hear me. Now it seems like when ever the audio wire is plugged in, they can't hear me. I still hear them, but it's as if the phone thinks I have an external mic, but I don't. Just the audio wire.

Any ideas on a setting or something that I might be missing. Thanks in advance!!!

v5.0.0.654
    06-18-10 07:45 PM
    Try a battery pull, it might help. But BlackBerry phones are designed to work with headphones with external in-line mic (like the one that comes with them). So, if you plug in just regular headphones, the phone might probably "think" it has an in-line mic. But, if the headphones doesn't have an in-line mic, you should be able to use the phone's mic.
    06-19-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD