Wife picked up a Samsung Moment, I stole her Curve 8330m to try out and my HTC Diamond is in a drawer.

Apps Installed: Sprint NFL Live, TheWeatherChannel, BBAppWorld, Facebook, AIM.

What am i missing out on? Any MUST HAVE games or apps? Hybrid OS's for this thing? Noticed no 5.0 OS is out there for it, what about anything else? BBHybrids doesn't differentiate between 8330 and 8330m.

I installed the Zen "8900-like Bottom Dock" theme and it is fantastic compared to the stock Zen/Sprint theme.

Just seeing if there is anything i'm missing out on, thanks! Plan on picking up a Bold 9650 here in a couple days.
    05-21-10 03:31 PM
    Tell your wife return the Moment and wait for the Evo 4G if she is still within the 30 days.

A coworker just signed up with Sprint and bought a Moment too, came from T-Mo. I told her to do the same thing, even borrowed a Sprint phone from my niece so my coworker would have something to use while waiting.
    05-21-10 03:56 PM
    The Evo has been announced for June 4th.

You are correct, the 8330m cannot be loaded with any 5.0 OS at this time.
    05-21-10 03:59 PM
    she hates all touchscreen phones. she is well aware of the Evo 4g, as i talk about it often =P her brother preordered his.

I am gonna give the Bold 9650 a try and if i hate it i'll switch to the Evo 4g as i'm sure its a monster upgrade from my Diamond and similar to use(seeing how for a few weeks i had Android 2.0 ported on it)
    05-21-10 04:04 PM
    she hates all touchscreen phones. she is well aware of the Evo 4g, as i talk about it often =P her brother preordered his.
    I bought the Moto Droid for the keyboard as well, coming from a BB 8330, I thought I "needed" a keyboard.

I almost never use the physical keyboard now, and wouldn't hesitate at all to get a touchscreen only device.
    05-21-10 04:10 PM
    we'll see when it comes out, she just got it so she has 30 days to take it back. i'd like her to have the Evo as well.
    05-21-10 05:30 PM
    The offset QWERTY keyboard on the Moment doesn't bother your wife? I have read that the keys on the Moment are setup/arranged in a non-standard way as far as spacing and key arrangement when compared to a standard qwerty layout. Reviewers stated that it made typing on it harder.
    05-21-10 06:20 PM
    she liked it more than other sliders so she went with it.

i, personally, hate slider phones.
    05-21-10 07:01 PM
    There is a hybrid OS for the 8330m in the hybrids section here. I'm running it on mine and it's sweet.
    05-21-10 09:52 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/833...-5-0-a-393786/

running this OS now to see how it goes and to get a handle on flashing OS's. Have a feeling I will do it a bunch with my Bold 9650, hoping I can find a place selling it tomorrow.
    05-22-10 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD