I just got a new 8330 (as a replacement for a damaged one, so I lost all my settings), and the phone won't play any of the pre-loaded ringtones (or one that I downloaded). The ringtone will play when the phone is called, but not if I try to listen to them to hear what they sound like through the profile set-up or through the media section. Any advice?
    07-09-10 07:55 PM
    What's it do when you open them. Do you get an error message. Have you tried turning the volume up with the side (up, down keys?)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 09:14 PM
    Same thing happened to me.. but they will not play at all. The wallpapers downloaded from Crackberry are still on my card but not the ring tones???
    help !!
    07-09-10 10:22 PM
    Actually, it won't play ringtones at all, even when called. I just tried calling it and tried setting the alarm to go off, and despite the fact that the volume is up and it's set to play a tone, it just gave me the screen notification, but it made no sound. It does not give me an error message. If I try to play the tones through the "media" icon, the little play button turns to a pause button for a few milliseconds, then turns back to a play button, but nothing plays.
    07-10-10 06:26 PM
    This is a bug with the 4.5.0.175 OS. Resetting the phone by doing a battery pull (Power still on, take out battery, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery), will reset it for a while, but then the phone goes silent again later at some point, and will need to be reset again.
    07-10-10 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD