I recently got a Curve 8330 and am used to have a 8830 with a 2.5mm port to plug a wired headset into. I don't really care for bluetooth.

The Curve 8330 has a 3.5mm port, and all my headsets are 2.5mm. I went to Radio Shack and bought a little adapter to convert from 3.5 to 2.5. However, whenever talking to people they say I sound distant or like I'm talking through a bucket.

Has anyone else had this problem? I just bought a new headset with the same results. The only thing I've not tried is a different adapter. I see crackberry.com sells something that looks similar.

Any suggestings? help?

Thanks in advance...
    11-05-08 09:14 PM
    Personally, I've only had trouble with headsets that are cheap in quality. I would suspect that the converter may be the problem. When I've bought a mid-high range headset, I've never had a problem with sound. Good luck!
    11-05-08 09:38 PM
    id say buy a headset with the 3.5 jack... keep your old headsets encase you have a phone at some point that uses it...

from the way you worded it seems like when you purchased a new headset you stuck with the 2.5 jack?
    11-06-08 02:26 AM
    ya it sounds like the converter just might be faulty. instead of trying to keep replace parts, i would just spring for the 3.5 and go about your business.
    11-06-08 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD