So I just got the curve with verizon..(came from the voyager) and I had the decision between the curve and the tour. Naturally I went with the one that was the cheapest (free with 2yr). BUT, for $100 I could have the tour. Ive been reading on here how people like it or that it breaks easy & what not. What are people opinions on the tour vs the curve...esp for a new user? Basically I love what I have but dont want to miss out on something better. I have 30 days to decide if this is the phone for me or not. Thanks for all your help!
    08-03-09 06:46 AM
    When I first came to BB i got my curve 8330 and loved it. But now I'm having to make the choice of upgrading to the Tour or wait for something even better. All the new BBs after the tour are "rumored" to have WiFi. So idk...it really all comes down to you and what you feel like you need.
    08-03-09 07:52 AM
    If you can afford it, get the tour. It has a faster processor, more app memory, 3.2 mp cam, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:23 AM
    I just got the BB curve 8330 2 months ago and the reason I got was beacuse of the user reviews where better for it then the storm(not crazy about touchscreen on phone anyhoo). The tour was not out then. A friend of mine was at store getting their phone replaced(for free only had 2 weeks) and salesperson mentioned to them if they would rather have the tour to replace their curve with , when asked what the difference was :
    1) faster processor
    2)memory
    3)camera (3.2)
    They thought they had plenty of memory, camera wasn't an issue don't use it much, and wasn't going to spend money on the difference to get the tour just for slightly higher processor speed when the curve was a free replacement.So they went with the curve(8330)
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-03-09 at 09:41 AM.
    08-03-09 09:39 AM
    My vote is for the Curve. I personally never buy a device as soon as it is released. It could just be me, but I have found that new devices usually have too many kinks when they are first released. Its a personal choice more than anything.
    08-03-09 10:06 AM
    Love my Tour. Had the Curve since it came out over a year ago and loved it, but now that I have my tour, would never go back to the Curve. Gave that to my wife.
    08-03-09 12:03 PM
    I love my Curve. Best phone ever IMO. That being said, get the Tour. RIM is leaving the Curve behind with the new OS. Translation: Curve is getting phased out. Go with what's new. I personally am waiting for the Storm2 to decide Storm2 to Tour

08-03-09 01:20 PM
    The decision is simple... What will your bb be used for. I own a business and manage another, so my phone is vital. Speed and memory are a huge deal to me. Camera... No so much. The Curve is a great phone for new users, but the Tour is far more powerful.
    08-03-09 01:26 PM
    I would go with the curve, i just got a new curve, my old one i had for a little over a year it worked perfect but i stopped charging even with a new battery so it was time. other than that it a well oiled machine.
    08-03-09 03:46 PM
    Go with the Tour. The Tour will last you a lot longer than the 8330. The 8330 is about a year from getting to be phased out. The Tour is better in almost every way except for how it's slightly taller than the 8330 but it's nearly the same in dimensions. Better screen, better trackball, better keyboard, EV-DO Rev. A which is as fast as HSDPA most times, 3.2 MP camera with AF that's actually decent, a faster processor, OS 4.7.1 which is better than 4.5 and around 2.5 times the amount of RAM that the 8330 has.
    08-03-09 05:44 PM
    The Tour is just... Better.
    08-03-09 06:51 PM
    $100 difference = worth the Tour.

The 83xx are nice, but the slow cpu, low res screen, etc just gets annoying these days.
    08-03-09 06:52 PM
    If this is your first berry, this is what'll happen.

1. Get Curve, because it's cheaper and you think it'll be good enough.
    2. Start becoming a Crackberry addict.
    3. Wonder why you didn't shell out the extra money and get a Tour.

Happened to me when I first got the 8130 then soon after thought I should've picked up a 8330 instead.

In conclusion, get the Tour
    08-03-09 08:01 PM
    $100 difference = worth the Tour.

The 83xx are nice, but the slow cpu, low res screen, etc just gets annoying these days.
    I have both the 8330 and Tour and have to agree...the low res screen alone has gotten old on the 8330....the Tour is a better and solid device....all the other pluses of the Tour are just the cherries on top.

I'm not going back to my 8330
    08-03-09 09:19 PM
    I love my Curve to pieces, but I tried the tour and oh I cannot wait to upgrade, but the Curve has been so good to me as a virginal bb user, so I guess I would say, maybe do the Curve for a year while they iron out the kinks of the Tour and then do the Tour for your annual upgrade.
    08-03-09 09:28 PM
    I would definatly get the tour. Love my curve but people are right. Lower screen resolution and slower cpu are tiering .and I use my phone all the time . As a contractor I'm a bit rough with my phone but people are amazed what I can do with it . Take photos of problems and issues I run across on jobs and immediatly take photos and email to clients.so higher mps , search internet for product info/ specs, check local radar for weather, gps to find job location . So faster cpu, a no brainer. So you might as well splurge for $100 for a tour I would.

08-04-09 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD