I plugged a faulty usb cord into my curve and with in about 4 seconds it reset and its been blinking ever since. The blink is slow, about 16 seconds.

The screens turns on if i remove the battery with the usual insert battery icon but thats it. Iv also used apploader about 9 times in a row with no luck.

This happened before about a weak ago with a faulty charger that was solved with a new battery and apploader but the error was different. The firmware would only boot upto the charging icon and reset and started over. It was solved with the apploader.

thanks for help.
    12-16-09 10:39 PM
    You will need to get a known good USB cable, then perform the recovery procedure for a dead BlackBerry, here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

I've never heard of a USB cable damaging a BlackBerry. Was the USB cable plugged into a PC when you plugged it into the BlackBerry?
    12-17-09 12:00 AM
    Yes, the cable was damaged and plugged into the pc. I have 3 more perfectly good ones though. As stated above, iv already done apploader many times.
    12-17-09 12:44 AM
    Do you know what was wrong with the USB cable? That might help determine what happened to your BlackBerry. If the USB cable connector was physically damaged, you could possibly have done mechanical damage to the BlackBerry USB connector. That connector can be replaced by a competent repair shop, but not necessarily by an individual without the proper soldering tools. If the USB cable had an electrical fault, it's possible that you did irreparable damage to some internal circuitry. I don't know how likely that is, but I can't rule it out. Either mechanical or electrical damage could cause you to be unable to run Apploader. The slowly blinking LED suggests an OS failure that could have been caused by memory corruption resulting from electrical damage, but that's not conclusive.

If your 8330 is less than 30 days old, exchange it for a new one. If it's over 30 days but less than a year, you will get a refurbished unit.
    12-17-09 08:57 AM
    I found that the usb cable was split so it was probably electrical damage. I can use apploader to erase the blackberry and load its os but that's it. During the restart phase it just goes into its endless reboot cycle. Also i can only see the usb-pin unknown in apploader when the red light is on. hope that helps.

Also: are there any specs on the way apploader connects to the blackberry and the way it communicates? I have allot of experience with reverse engineering hand held devices(game consoles) and software. I would like to find a way to force the black berry to boot with only usb and i would like detailed specs of its boot procedure.

Thanks.

Edit: i let it drain over night (did it pretty fast too) but plunging it in brought up the charging icon. Ill let it charge for 5 or 6 hours and see what happens.
    Last edited by bbtgp; 12-17-09 at 01:05 PM.
    12-17-09 12:46 PM
    So you can reload the OS, but the device hangs during bootup. That sounds like hardware damage.

You might post your App Loader question again in the Developer Forum. If anybody knows, those guys might, but they may be under NDA's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD