Hey Guys/Girls, looking for some help here as bell cant help me.

On friday night I dropped my phone, its not the first time ive dropped it either but for some reason now the speaker doesnt work when someone calls or I call someone, alarm doesnt work, music wont play. When I type a name to msg on my keyboard or recieve/make a call the voice dialing comes on and wont shut off for abit. Ive taken the battery out numerous times and even wiped the phone and still not working, Just wondering if anyone has any input as to what else it could be? Thanks in advance.
    10-26-10 07:57 AM
    Sounds like all the internal components have literally gone sideways. You could drop it on the opposite side that it just impacted on. Doesn't sound good. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 08:45 AM
    I would try reload the OS but it sounds like a harware issue. Option #2 is taking the phone apart and seeing what's going on inside.
    10-26-10 08:45 AM
    You definitely have a hardware problem. It sounds like some of the hardware parts have come loose. You may be able to take your phone apart and put them back in place. But you also need to be prepared for the likely chance that you won't be able to fix it your self. If this is the case it might be cheaper to buy a used one or upgrade (if that's an option) than it is to pay to have it fixed.
    10-26-10 09:55 AM
    what would i be looking for if i took it apart? i called bell and they said i can recieve a free phone because of the insurance but they dont have any at this time so i dunno what to do, does anyone have a hardware photo or something i can compare mine too, ive taken them apart before but that was just to change the lcd screen and housing.
    10-26-10 10:10 AM
    If they are going to replace it "Do Not Open" it will void your warrantee!

10-26-10 10:39 AM
    If they are going to replace it "Do Not Open" it will void your warrantee!

He said he already took it apart to replace the housing and LCD screen. He also said the replacement would be through insurance, not warranty.

If he dropped the phone, warranty would not cover it anyway. The warranty does not cover physical damage.
    10-26-10 12:19 PM
    Well then, yard the stupid thing apart and have at it! There are instructions in the How to Forum. I'll see if I can find it and paste a link.

And he stated that he had taken "them" apart, not this particular one.

Last edited by albee 1; 10-26-10 at 02:52 PM.
    10-26-10 02:46 PM
    Found one.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-guide-54485/

10-26-10 02:49 PM
    so i havent "yarded" it apart yet, but this morning the alarm went off then the voice dialing started and it wouldnt quit until i did a battery reset. Any tips as to what I can do to fix these problems???
    10-27-10 12:34 PM
    If I were you I would give it a good rap on the opposite side that it originally impacted on. Put a sock on the table and give it a pop. I'm pretty sure the components inside are mis aligned. How soon can you get a replacement, did they say?

10-27-10 04:40 PM
    just got off the phone will bell, so for 150 dollars they sent me a phone today, but on my way home from work i decided to lightly hit it on the side of my truck console and magic it works!!!
    10-27-10 06:28 PM
    Hey, what did I say! Hahaha!
    Do you have to send them back an exchange?

Don't bother thanking me either.

Last edited by albee 1; 10-27-10 at 09:28 PM.
    10-27-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD