Hi fellow CrackBerry addicts,

I'm an IT guy where I work. We recently started deploying BlackBerry Curve 8330's to some of our users. Now I'm getting reports that if they put an appointment in to the calendar on their BlackBerry, it doesn't show up on their Outlook calendars. I an appointment is put into the calendar from Outlook, it ends up on the phone. For some reason my Curve doesn't appear to have this problem, my biggest issue is that if I delete an appointment in Outlook, it stays on the phone (not too big of a deal). We have a BES server and I have verified that Wireless Synch has been set on the offending BlackBerries. I'm still pretty new to these phones so I'm still learning. I'd like to see the BlackBerries be fully accepted by all (we used to use Palm Treo 755p's, ughhh ) so that we can make them our phones of choice but this calendar issue is a huge snag since our people rely on them so much. If someone out there could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Marcus
    IT HelpDesk
    07-02-09 08:12 AM
    Just a few more details, just in case. The BES is Version 4.1.4.17, the OS on the phones is Version 4.5.0.131, the desktop manager is Version 4.7.0.37.
    07-02-09 08:15 AM
    I'm in a similar position. I'm the IT guy, fairly newish to Blackberry world and have regular sync issues, especially with the execs who ***** and moan about it everytime and I'm yet to find the answer.
    One issue is that some emails that are deleted in Outlook don't delete on the BB. The painful part is that it does work mostly, but every now and again some messages won't delete.
    The next issue is a calendar appointment that won;t update on the BB. You create it, and it sync, then update it to a new date but the BB doesn't update.
    We're using BES 4.0.6.7 with multiple type handsets, 8310, 8900, 9000.
    07-16-09 02:05 AM
    I managed to fix my issue. Here are the two links that helped me out:

.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05 270&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialog ID=116204237&stateId=1
    .blackberryforums.com.au/forums/blackberry-general-discussion/2129-user-cant-send-emails-after-bes-4-1-updates.html

CB won't let me post real links since I don't have enough posts under my belt yet. Copy and paste the text and then I'm sure you can figure out how to edit it to work.
    Last edited by marcus1369; 07-17-09 at 08:44 AM.
    07-17-09 08:40 AM
    marcus1369, did you ever get your answer? I'm facing the same issue and it's driving me crazy... I would really like to get this resolved.
    08-17-09 10:31 AM
    Yeah, I got mine working. Did you try the addresses that I listed in the previous post? It looks like my issue was that I setup BES wrong and didn't use BESAdmin to run the services. I thought I had specified to use BESAdmin but I must've dropped the ball somewhere along the lines.
    08-17-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD