i have a curve 8330. when i go to look for software, themes, etc. specific to my device i get responses for the 8330 as well as 8300 and 83xx... are these viewed as the same as the 8330? perhaps they have the same OS?

sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm new to blackberries and don't want to screw up my phone by trying to install incompatible software.

thanks for any help you may be able to provide me.
    04-22-09 09:19 AM
    You wont screw up your phone. I have used many different programs and themes for all the other curve models and it works fine. I do believe they were designed to be compatible.

Get all the 83XX goodies you want my friend, you are safe!
    04-22-09 09:23 AM
    Yea I have an 8330 & anything that says 83xx has worked for me. One major tip I can share with you about apps (& I found this out the hard way) is- download 1 at a time & wait a day or so. There were several free apps I installed that screwed with my phone. It slowed down A LOT & I constantly got the hourglass & had to do battery pulls until I erased those apps. There are several threads about specific apps & 1 in particular that I found very useful was titled something like what are the best apps for blackberry. Check those out. Welcome to CB! You'll be addicted in no time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 09:25 AM
    thanks for your help
    04-22-09 09:54 AM
    It's probably more important that you make sure 83XX apps and themes are compatible with your OS version before installing.
    04-22-09 11:31 AM
    there is one theme i just love (well all of them that the guy made) if you look in the forums its called the 3 free precision themes. or just look for precision themes. i like the bottom dock storm-like one , that one is cool and my fav! didnt screw up my phone at all!
    04-22-09 11:49 AM
    thanks for your help
    No problem, good luck with the impending addiction!

It's probably more important that you make sure 83XX apps and themes are compatible with your OS version before installing.
    Very good point, installing programs incompatible with your OS will really bog you down.
    04-22-09 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I have been curious myself about this.
    04-22-09 12:59 PM
    Good info. thanks.
    04-22-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD