Hello, i just got my bb curve 8320 from T-mobile and i have a few questions that i cant seem to find answered here on the forum. I have tried searching but to no avail. Im sorry if these questions were already answered but i dont have time to search all these pages.

First, probably a silly question, but how can I find my phone's vendor ID? I just got it new from a local T-mobile store so I am assuming its ID is 100 but i would just like to find it to make sure, so i can unlock it in the future if i so please.

Second, I just downloaded an iPhone/iBerry type theme and I am wondering if there is any way that I can increase the size of the icons in this theme, or if they are unable to be changed. Is a theme what you see is what you get, or can you manually edit and increase the size of the icons?

Number three. I have a T-mobile plan with voice and text but no data plan. I get free wifi where ever available however. Now to my question, if i unlocked the phone would my browser (hotspot browser) be taken away. I was reading some posts about unlocking curves and someone mentioned having to reinstall opera mini or something since you lose your t-mobile browser aka hotspot browser. I also wanna unlock my phone and i was wondering would there be any point for me to do this? I am not leaving the country any time soon. I just would like to have that option of having an unlocked phone, but not if it interferes with my phone right now, since i like how my phone is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the lengthy post! Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Russell.
    09-05-09 02:58 PM
    1) The vendor id is 100. You can check this by going to either Options > Status or pressing Alt + Right Shift + H.

2) With themes, what you see is what you get. You cannot change the size of the icons as they are specific to the theme settings for the device.

3) I'm not too sure since I don't have experience with unlocked phones, hopefully someone else will be able to answer this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 03:16 PM
    I have unlocked my 8320 and the default BB browser remained. My phone is also a TMO phone, but I use it on the ATT network. I don't know if it has a TMO browser or not, but the BB browser is so good that I wouldn't want to use it anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 04:48 PM
    and welcome to crackberry
    09-05-09 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD