Guys I am a lil confused here. I need to ask something.

What is ideal file free size a curve 8320 should have??

Mine has never gone beyond 1730000 Bytes (after battery pull). Normally its between 145 - 160. Is that ok?. I do a battery pull once a week. I have not installed anything. Infact I have deleted a few unwanted stuff like ICQ and AIM Messengers.

I checked my friend's 8310 the other day. Her file free size was 2430000 Bytes. She has ICQ and AIM plus facebook also installed. Is the large file bcoz she has 8310 and I have 8320?

Please help me out here.
    09-26-09 12:32 PM
    I believe things go wrong around the low teens. I would search here for ways to free memory up. I think there is a bb 101 on memory
    09-26-09 12:35 PM
    Here is the link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ You don't want your BB to get lower then 12MB, otherwise you will experience a not so happy BB!

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 02:16 PM
    The 8320 has less memory than the 8310 or 8330. You can get 23 free after batery pull, you have to follow the link tripster posted and makesure you backup everything first. I've maximized my 8320 and couldn't be happier.

09-26-09 03:23 PM
    Let me re-phrase my question a lil.

After doing all in the link given by tripster, will the file free on my 8320 touch 2430000?
    09-26-09 11:39 PM
    Mine ran around 27 mb after following the memory guide that Tripster linked. The rule of thumb is above 12, but I've seen them go much lower. The problem is you won't get any warning before it starts deleting files like saved messages. To be honest, I did a battery pull every other day, sometimes everyday. Make sure you're also clearing your cache and closing apps properly - menu - close.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

09-27-09 12:52 AM
    Mine ran around 27 mb after following the memory guide that Tripster linked. The rule of thumb is above 12, but I've seen them go much lower. The problem is you won't get any warning before it starts deleting files like saved messages. To be honest, I did a battery pull every other day, sometimes everyday. Make sure you're also clearing your cache and closing apps properly - menu - close.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

+1 Exe! The interesting thing is I didn't follow How To increase your Blackberry File Free memory guide! I still got great results for my file free memory status though!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-27-09 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD