Alright, it's getting annoying so finally I registered in the forum just to post my problem after a fruitless searching through uncle Google and this forum...

My 8900's cursor moves up on its own only when there's data transfer (or whatever the BB's doing when there's the in n out connection symbol in the upper right corner). What gives? It's getting really annoying when I'm trying to type in BB Messenger and all of a sudden the cursor went up to the top of the conversation. Tried both OS 231 and 250, the problem is still there.

When I turn on Audible Roll (for the trackball) to on, I can hear a lot of clicks when it happened.

Anyone know the source of my problems? Tried hard resetting, soft resetting, upgrading OS, etc. Don't have the heart to open the **** out of my javelin.

Oh and my device's still quite new, less than one months old.
    06-02-09 10:17 AM
    Sounds like you are within the return period, I would get a replacement device.
    06-02-09 11:09 AM
    Well if possible I'd like to fix it myself... I don't trust them here because I've heard stories of people returning their bbs who had to wait for like a month to get a replacement.

OS 250 lowers the rate of it happening by about 50% compared to OS 231 though, so it might be a software issue. Anyone had a similar problem?
    Last edited by Zycat; 06-03-09 at 12:48 AM.
    06-03-09 12:35 AM
    This is not a common problem. I believe there is an issue with your device specifically.
    06-03-09 12:51 AM
    In addition, I have not heard of someone not getting their replacement when they went in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 01:07 AM
    Well yeah but sometimes it just take too long. I'm not in the US where it is easy to get a replacement y'know.

Oh yesterday I went in but couldn't reproduce the problem in front of them this is getting weird, and last night the problem manifested itself again After that I left it on and this morning I couldn't reproduce it again.
    Last edited by Zycat; 06-03-09 at 09:32 PM.
    06-03-09 09:29 PM
    You don't need to "show them" anything if you are within the return period. Just tell them you want a replacement device or you want your money back.
    06-03-09 10:51 PM
    Well yeah but sometimes it just take too long. I'm not in the US where it is easy to get a replacement y'know.

Oh yesterday I went in but couldn't reproduce the problem in front of them this is getting weird, and last night the problem manifested itself again After that I left it on and this morning I couldn't reproduce it again.

I feel your pain. I have the same EXACT problem. At first I thought i'll just be patient and wait for the whole webpage to load and then start browsing, but it gets really annoying in the BB chat window since it scrolls all the way up like you said.
    I'm using 4.6.1.199 and bought this phone at a grey market import store so getting a replacement or money back isn't possible
    My device is 2 weeks old.

I did try a battery pull to reset it. Was fine for 30-60 mins.. but then manifested itself again.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.
    06-21-09 06:25 PM
    Same problem here. Upgrade the OS to 250. Did hard reset. Didn't fix it.

Went back to the shop to change it for a new one. They said that I couldn't return it because that had to be done within a week. I bought the phone on August 1... Activated BB yesterday. Then I noticed that when there is a low GPRS signal the cursor goes crazy. Jumps from one word to the other while I am not touching the trackball.

Anyone from Blackberry itself wonderful ideas how to fix this?
    Last edited by Okoth; 08-14-09 at 03:34 AM.
    08-13-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD