all i can think about is this...

Funny audio clip, but when you use 3,000 minutes every month plus needing unlimited UMA calling for when you're not on the road (so you don't go over on the 3,000 minute plan), like I do, then I doubt you'd want to take the phone out of your pocket and put it back in every 20 minutes of the day. You'd be a "mister cell phone holster wearer" too.

Plus, I've heard horror stories of people breaking their screens by putting the phone in their pocket...
    03-12-09 07:40 PM
    Plus, I've heard horror stories of people breaking their screens by putting the phone in their pocket...
    It seems that every time a new phone comes out, people (not saying this about the OP) act like only their new model phone has this happened to- like it didn't happen to any other model phone before the newest one hit.
    03-12-09 09:44 PM
    Haven't had a bb crack on me, it could have been a bad batch u got. Hope it all works out for u OP.
    03-12-09 10:25 PM
    Haven't had a bb crack on me, it could have been a bad batch u got. Hope it all works out for u OP.
    Unless you haven't updated your profile, you're using the first curve (83xx), which had a nice plastic covering over the LCD. The 8900 has just the LCD...much easier to crack.
    03-12-09 10:56 PM
    Screen protector might have helped, but this just sounds like bad luck.

Replace the LCD, or get a new phone.

I put the phone in my pocket when I have loads of space, like cargo shorts or pants. When I wear work pants, I use my seidio holster and look all professional and I hate it, but I keep my phone safe.
    03-13-09 12:11 AM
    Ask someone who has the extended warranty added onto their plan. And place in their sim card into the broken device, call tmobile customer care up that they decided to use the extended warranty on the 8900 instead of the main device that had the warranty wait about a day, call them up say that the phone lcd broke somehow, set a claim, pay the 130 deductable bam! New phone haha... Then, call in after you receive the replacement device, and say that you would like to remove the insurance off the bb and put it back on to the original phone that had the warranty. Hopefully that works.. And good luck! Remember, policy only states you can add on the extended warranty within the 14day period but doesn't state that you can switch devices to have the extended warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 04:59 PM
    Insurance fraud ......FTL

03-13-09 05:04 PM

Ehhh it was just an idea haha

03-13-09 06:39 PM
    I think you should change your name from tight shirts to tightjeans lmao jk
    03-13-09 10:53 PM
    Ask someone who has the extended warranty added onto their plan. And place in their sim card into the broken device, call tmobile customer care up that they decided to use the extended warranty on the 8900 instead of the main device that had the warranty wait about a day, call them up say that the phone lcd broke somehow, set a claim, pay the 130 deductable bam! New phone haha... Then, call in after you receive the replacement device, and say that you would like to remove the insurance off the bb and put it back on to the original phone that had the warranty. Hopefully that works.. And good luck! Remember, policy only states you can add on the extended warranty within the 14day period but doesn't state that you can switch devices to have the extended warranty.

I could be wrong but I seriously don't believe warranties can be swapped between phones. If that were the case, everyone would be doing it.
    03-13-09 11:00 PM

Without a doubt!!
    03-13-09 11:01 PM
    Stop blaming the phone company and provider sometimes **** happens.
    03-13-09 11:03 PM
    Yep... sorry but it is not like their is a rash of screens breaking!!
    03-13-09 11:19 PM
    Yep... sorry but it is not like their is a rash of screens breaking!!
    Most people who break their screens never want to just admit that it's something THEY did; it's usually never them....
    03-13-09 11:24 PM
    Noob here- i've just started using the 8900 (7 days running so far)- and aside from a flawless firmware upgrade using DM 4.7 (thanks to this site... ), i've caught the BB bug and find myself checking the phone regularly for anything incoming.

One thing i have noticed (and it is relevant to this post) is that each time i press the "end call" button (ie. the red one) the corner of the LCD ripples, very much like any LCD panel would if pressure was applied with a fingertip.
    What worries me is that this is happened beneath the glass panel, which means a manufacturing flaw of sorts....is it possible that there are cases of misaligned glass panels/LCDs that could lead issues like mine and tightshirts?

Anyone else observed this with their phone?
    03-13-09 11:48 PM
    Scratch earlier post- i see that key ripple is a known issue in other threads. Sigh.
    03-18-09 12:58 AM
    I want to see a picture of how effed up it is!
    03-18-09 02:07 AM
    if i don't put it in my pocket where is it supposed to go? why hasn't any other phone done this while in my pocket?
    dont put it in your shirt lol. jk jk sorry about your loss i wont put it in my jeans now thanks
    03-18-09 03:18 AM
    If you find a replacement screen and fix it yourself, I wanna see surgery pics. Oh, but only if it's a successful surgery. I couldn't bear to watch one die.
    03-18-09 04:32 AM
    Ay I Broke/cracked My Screen On My Blackberry Storm N I Want Anotha 1 With Out Paying Do Any1 Kno What I Can Tell Verizon Or The Blackberry People ... Help
    03-21-09 01:01 PM
    Negative. Regardless of what some may thing about how insurance is a scam. think about it this way. If you're allowed a claim every year for a 500 dollar phone, and you only pay worst case $125 for the replacement. so in 24 months thats $1000-250+120(thats 5.99 a months)=$630 that your saving on buying new equipment.

Make sure you read the insurance policy and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WHAT YOU PAY FOR. That's all I really have to say about that.
    03-25-09 11:54 AM
    In any cause. An LCD screen can be replaced if it has been cracked. There is no reason to pay $220 for a new phone. If you have insuracne on it (which is a good idea on a phone that costs upwards to $400+) you can pay the deductable and have a new one sent out. Otherwise an LCD screen is easily replaced and can be found for a responable price on many different websites.
    LCD screen are pretty delicate items so be careful when you are replacing them.
    04-07-09 10:31 AM
    or you can sell it to me
    04-07-09 01:55 PM
    Hi All,
    Not looking to get flamed here but I just pulled my BB out of the case and I too have a screen crack that starts in the upper left corner right where the top of the pouch meets the phone. Phone is about 4 weeks old. I usually keep it in my suitcoat pocket or my suitpants pocket, which are very loose. I'll look into the lcd replacement someone posted. from what I've read it looks like the Curve 8900 is more fragile than my previous BBs. Live and learn.
    04-08-09 12:00 PM
    I don't understand how the pouch can be the cause of a cracked screen. Mine's flexible and has no parts that are rigid enough to create enough pressure in the screen area. My 8900 always resides in my front left pants pocket, no matter if my pants are a little tight or baggy cargo pants.
    On the other hand, if my pants are a little more tight than my usual fit, I take out the BB before I sit down. Mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to get up again when I need my BB.
    Guess me being lazy finally pays off
    04-08-09 12:29 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD