I cracked the screen on my BB. I do have insurance, and I don't know how much a replacement is. I was wondering if that is something I could fix myself. Maybe buy a BB housing or something like that. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:26 AM
    Oh, and just so we are clear, it is just the screen on the housing of the BB. The actual screen is ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:28 AM
    I scratched mine a a couple weeks ago and had wireless toyz replace mine for 19.99 and got sprint to give me a credit on my bill. Only problem is now I get dust and $*tt under my screen and my phone creaks when i'm holding it up to my ear. The guy at WT said they are a pain to replace just the screen because they are attached to the face plate with some kind of sticker. So, i'd either pay them the 19.99 or just buy a new housing.
    09-09-09 10:33 AM
    You have to have a really clean environment to change the housing or screen cover. I would use a can of compressed air to saturate it just before snapping it all together.

And that faceplate is a bit of a pain, it's a real sticky glue wad and if you don't get it right the first time it's a pain to redo.
    09-09-09 10:34 AM
    bought a screen for 10 bucks off ebay.. a snap to replace. All i used was a swiss army knife and a torx screwdriver
    09-09-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD