well this is my first blackberry, and so far i love it!. but there are a few little things i have questions about, i guess you could call me a nOOb when it comes to blackberrys.

Question 1: I was receiving emails on for the first month or so, but then out of no where they stopped, all together. I have my hotmail account as my email, and have done the resending the service books thing from the BIS, but no go. RESOLVED

Question 2: I am planning on stormtrooping my BB out, white OEM housing, white ring, maybe a white keyboard. But i also want to change the trackball, now i have seen where you can buy the different colored trackballs but thats not what i want. I have a friend with a pearl that he does not use anymore (upgraded to iphone), and was wondering if i could put his color changing LED in my phone so i can use the color pearl app? RESOLVED

Question 3: i downloaded one of the free themes on here, from trimax84 on here from the thread titled: "free 8300 theme" but i cant seam to be able to pull it up on my 8330. RESOLVED

if anyone on here would be so kind to answer any or all questions on here it would be greatly appreciated, oh and remember, im obviously still new to this so please try to explain it in layman's terms

Thanks, Jon
    Last edited by beachbum_jon; 08-04-09 at 03:19 AM.
    08-03-09 02:12 AM
    I'll answer what I can:

2. The color pearl app ONLY works on the BB 8100

3. Options (wrench symbol)>Themes(at bottom)> and change accordingly.
    08-03-09 02:54 AM
    I'll answer what I can:

2. The color pearl app ONLY works on the BB 8100

3. Options (wrench symbol)>Themes(at bottom)> and change accordingly.
    alright that clears it up alot about the color pearl thing then, i guess i'll just get a ball in the color i want then.

about the themes thing, the theme didnt even show up in my theme list, i drug them to my blackberry on my mac, and it said it was transfered to the phone, but it didnt, any ideas?

thanks for help so far though!, Jon
    Last edited by beachbum_jon; 08-03-09 at 03:24 AM.
    08-03-09 03:16 AM
    For themes, you either have to load them using Desktop Manger, or Over The Air with your Blackberry Browser by clicking on the OTA download link.

For your email, you might have to validate your email accts. by putting in your passwords. Also, register your Host Routing Table: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, Menu > Register Now.
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-03-09 at 03:26 AM.
    08-03-09 03:24 AM
    For themes, you either have to load them using Desktop Manger, or Over The Air with your Blackberry Browser by clicking on the OTA download link.

For your email, you might have to validate your email accts. by putting in your passwords. Also, register your Host Routing Table: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, Menu > Register Now.
    hey thank! i downloaded it via OTA and it works flawlessly, besides not being able to move the icons on the homescreen its great!. btw, how does one go about making their own theme?
    08-03-09 03:53 AM
    is it possible that you filtered @hotmail.com in your BIS setup? I'd check that, and any hotmail filters that you may have set up. I had a similar issue and that was my problem.
    08-03-09 03:40 PM
    ...besides not being able to move the icons on the homescreen its great!
    The icons on the home screen are normally (maybe always?) tied into the arrangement of icons on the Application screen. If you want to change the icon locations, you're out of luck since that's locked into the theme's layout, but if you just want to control which icons show on the home screen, rearranging the first line or two (or three, depending on the theme) should affect what shows on the home screen.
    08-03-09 04:45 PM
    For Hotmail, try deleting it from the BIS page then re-add it.

Concerning the theme, IF the theme builder used default app order, u can move the icons on the app page to the first available slots (however many there are icons on the homepage). If not, u won't be able to change them in that particular theme. To start building your own, Google Plazmic Theme Builder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 04:59 PM
    For Hotmail, try deleting it from the BIS page then re-add it.

Concerning the theme, IF the theme builder used default app order, u can move the icons on the app page to the first available slots (however many there are icons on the homepage). If not, u won't be able to change them in that particular theme. To start building your own, Google Plazmic Theme Builder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks for the info, i did the deleting from the bis page and it worked! thanks!

now i downloaded the theme builder, thinking it would work with my mac, but then i quickly found out not so much. BUT, i have a copy of windows xp sitting right here so as soon as a install it with bootcamp i will hopefully start building themes!

thanks to all who have answered my questions on here and i will differently be able to learn from this site!
    08-04-09 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD