Hey!

I'm Daniel from germany...I say that, because my english is not the best. ;o)

I've the curve8900 and the silver comes of the cover in little parts at the display.

Now I want to change the silver cover...perhaps it's the chance to costumize my curve!

But where could I buy original parts or parts in a really good quality? Do you have some links for me?

And could I make the costumazing self? Are there any instructions online, how I could change the cover or the ear cap and keyboard self?

Thank you very much for your help!

Daniel
    09-11-09 02:13 AM
    i just ordered my blacked out housing from the following website. ive seen alot of people order from them and sometimes from other websites.

Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,
    09-11-09 02:24 AM
    i just ordered my blacked out housing from the following website. ive seen alot of people order from them and sometimes from other websites.

Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,
    Hey!

Thank you very much - that's what I searched! ;o)

Daniel
    09-11-09 02:46 AM
    i cant say anything about the quality since i didnt get my parts yet, but many others have used them and have little to no complaints. they get delivered from Hong Kong.
    09-11-09 02:49 AM
    Cnn has great quality parts. I am using the Black Bezel on my device now and it is great. Many other members here also use they parts and do not have any problems - I believe they are all OEM quality. Also, be aware that when you take your device apart to change your bezel, you will void your manufacture warranty. If you still wish to proceed and need a video for the process, check the sticky at the top of the forum.
    09-11-09 11:22 AM
    If you need to know proper safety procedures for taking the phone apart WITHOUT damaging the very sensitive electronics, PM me. I am getting tired of posting them all the time.
    09-11-09 11:23 AM
    hey man i tried to pm so i can get some help with taking my 8900 apart but i guess cuz im new it wont let me so if you wouldn't mind sending me a e mail that would be great thanks
    09-11-09 12:38 PM
    I will post here, no problems.

First, static is your enemy. Work on a regular kitchen table on a non-carpeted surface.

Don't wear sweaters, fleece, etc. Nothing that can build up a charge very easily.

Before doing anything, ground yourself. If in fact you're in the kitchen then just touch the stove or sink with your hand, then you'll be discharged. Also touch the metal part of your screwdriver to the sink in case it carries a charge.

When you disassemble the housing, try not to touch the main boards no matter how appealing that may seem. If you do have to touch them then just hold it by the edges and try not to make contact with anything on the board itself.

And stop rubbing your feel together if you wear anything but cotton socks, you'll build a charge.

Other than that you should be ok.

Static will kill the device instantly, the average static shock contains about 5000V - 7000V, and you can get well over 10, 000V if you wear static inducing clothing. Most of the time you will never even feel the shock when you touch the device, but the transfer of electricity will kill it regardless.

The basic idea is just to keep yourself grounded and you won't have a problem.
    09-11-09 12:53 PM
    ... The basic idea is just to keep yourself grounded and you won't have a problem.
    This is great advice. Regardless if you are talking about circuits or life!
    09-11-09 12:57 PM
    This is great advice. Regardless if you are talking about circuits or life!
    Too true.
    09-11-09 01:13 PM
    I will post here, no problems.

First, static is your enemy. Work on a regular kitchen table on a non-carpeted surface.

Don't wear sweaters, fleece, etc. Nothing that can build up a charge very easily. Just do it naked!!!!! LOL

Before doing anything, ground yourself. If in fact you're in the kitchen then just touch the stove or sink with your hand, then you'll be discharged. Also touch the metal part of your screwdriver to the sink in case it carries a charge.

When you disassemble the housing, try not to touch the main boards no matter how appealing that may seem. If you do have to touch them then just hold it by the edges and try not to make contact with anything on the board itself.

And stop rubbing your feel together if you wear anything but cotton socks, you'll build a charge.

Other than that you should be ok.

Static will kill the device instantly, the average static shock contains about 5000V - 7000V, and you can get well over 10, 000V if you wear static inducing clothing. Most of the time you will never even feel the shock when you touch the device, but the transfer of electricity will kill it regardless.

The basic idea is just to keep yourself grounded and you won't have a problem.
    hahaha... great advice!!!
    09-11-09 01:33 PM
    Believe it or not I was actually going to put that in there but I thought I would be nice this time.
    09-11-09 01:49 PM
    Hey great advice for when I get my parts.

I can see it now... Blacking out my BB naked... Ah the simple things in life XD
    09-11-09 02:35 PM
    hahah thats funny lol but true
    09-12-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD