I am in Pakistan n 3g service has not been launched here till now so that doesn't matters
    I am thinking of selling my iPhone 3g n get 8900 curve
    please suggest me should I get it or keep using iPhone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 02:41 AM
    I wouldnt say it was BETTER than the iphone, thats a stretch, the iphone does have ALOT of things the 8900 doesn't have. I am a blackberry addict and I am an iphone basher but i cannot come into this thread and say "well the bb is better because" I can tell you why u should keep the bb but I cant say its better overall. There are more iphone users than bb users and the iphone is def. more popular, I dont know why cus I hate it. But I suggest u keep the one you like the most.
    03-15-10 04:47 AM
    well i like the iphone,i have never used blackberry but now i want to try full keyboard that's y looking for blackberry.......i have read that trackballs wear off n cause a lot of trouble...so what if i buy bold 9700 because it has optical trackpad,n is faster??
    u people r lucky that u can buy cells on contract at a very low price,whereas we have to buy them at full price here in PAKISTAN as they don't provide cell phones on contracts
    03-15-10 05:17 AM
    well i like the iphone,i have never used blackberry but now i want to try full keyboard that's y looking for blackberry.......i have read that trackballs wear off n cause a lot of trouble...so what if i buy bold 9700 because it has optical trackpad,n is faster??
    u people r lucky that u can buy cells on contract at a very low price,whereas we have to buy them at full price here in PAKISTAN as they don't provide cell phones on contracts
    Hey, Watch out for a deal from any cellphone company as they do sometimes offer deals when they launch new BB products. I got the 8900 at 40% less from Telenor last year.

When your addicted to the BB you will never leave it....
    03-15-10 01:57 PM
    Hey, Watch out for a deal from any cellphone company as they do sometimes offer deals when they launch new BB products. I got the 8900 at 40% less from Telenor last year.

When your addicted to the BB you will never leave it....
    r u serious????
    but i think i'll have to get BIS for that isnt it?
    r u in PAK?
    contact me here directly 03346333323
    03-15-10 02:02 PM
    i dunno, i've never owned an iphone but i loved owning an ipod touch. i've thought a number of times about selling/swapping my 8900 for an iphone, but i keep thinking i'll miss the keyboard. i don't think i'd miss too much else about it.
    03-15-10 02:20 PM
    IMO the best combination is BB 8900 and iPod Touch - BB for phone and email, Touch for Internet (over Wi-Fi), games, music and videos.
    Absolutely! I agree, I have the same setup, love it and will never trade it for just an IPhone. This way I have the best of both worlds rather then sacrificing one or the other. I like that I have the option to only carry a "less" bulky device if I just want a phone (ie. sking, biking etc.). I have known 2 people who tried to carry their Iphone with them while skiing and both times cracked their screen.

Don't get me wrong, Iphone/Ipod Touch are excellent devices but at the same time, so is the Blackberry 8900 with it's PUSH technology and neither one can take over the others capabilities, sorry for the fan boys, Apple can't touch RIM's push device in many aspects, I'm not going to start a Apple/RIM war here so Google if you want to know the pros and cons.

Dont' forget, there is also a cost concern. At least for me, Iphones are more expensive and the plans are more from our provider. If I was to get into an Iphone, my monthly cost would be almost twice what I'm paying now.

That said, I pair my 8900 with an Ipod Touch, it's my pda and media device. Which I can use while I'm on the Blackberry.
    03-15-10 06:13 PM
    I have that set-up too. 8900 & iPod Touch, great set-up and no carrier on the touch.
    03-15-10 09:27 PM
    Way better form factor. The 8900 is smaller and lighter.
    This is what draws me to the 8900 exactly. The iPhone is just a little to large for me . But that's just my opinion,it all depends on what you like in a ?..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 09:54 PM
    Ipod touch 3G 32GB for:
    Media
    Tossing sheep
    Web providing the site is not so complicated that it foxes Safari

and 8900 curve for:

Multi Threading,
    Video recording
    Decent Camera/flash
    Bluetooth
    SECURITY
    A real keyboard
    Expandable memory
    True GPS

The "I" thing is great fun play thing but the business end of my life all happens on the 8900...

Security is they key for me... if you wanna do it properly out of the box by a BB.

You dont see cops of military Personnel wandering around with "I" toys do you???? but hey if you want something to play with go talk to Mr Jobs!!

Not meanning to offend lol
    03-16-10 07:50 AM
    Ipod touch 3G 32GB for:
    Media
    Tossing sheep
    Web providing the site is not so complicated that it foxes Safari

and 8900 curve for:

Multi Threading,
    Video recording
    Decent Camera/flash
    Bluetooth
    SECURITY
    A real keyboard
    Expandable memory
    True GPS

The "I" thing is great fun play thing but the business end of my life all happens on the 8900...

Security is they key for me... if you wanna do it properly out of the box by a BB.

You dont see cops of military Personnel wandering around with "I" toys do you???? but hey if you want something to play with go talk to Mr Jobs!!

Not meanning to offend lol
    you should have left military personnel out of your statement there are so many soldiers who own iPhones it would blow your mind. Maybe your thinking High Ranking generals who are issued Blackberry's. almost every soldier i know owns an iPhone, rather it be in the states overseas stationed in europe and carrying them in iraq using asiacell sim cards all over the chow halls playing games like monopoly, and what not over wifi, and calling family over skype. Yea but anyway you do see soldiers wondering around with the iPhone all day everyday.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 03-16-10 at 08:15 AM.
    03-16-10 08:13 AM
    you can install any apps on your blackberry without having RIM telling you what what you can use on your blackberry (this is a good thing for developers).

you can't do that on iphone without jailbreak.
    03-16-10 08:17 AM
    you can install any apps on your blackberry without having RIM telling you what what you can use on your blackberry (this is a good thing for developers).

you can't do that on iphone without jailbreak.
    so explain why the iPhone has the better apps then. If developers thought that RIM was such a great open platform to develop for how come they are lacking support in the app category.
    03-16-10 08:19 AM
    so explain why the iPhone has the better apps then. If developers thought that RIM was such a great open platform to develop for how come they are lacking support in the app category.
    did I said that blackberry has better apps? better support in the app category ? I never said anything about all this, I'm talking about my experience as a developer.
    03-16-10 08:58 AM
    did I said that blackberry has better apps? better support in the app category ? I never said anything about all this, I'm talking about my experience as a developer.
    WOW, lol clean that up and then come back and "say" what you were trying to
    03-16-10 09:15 AM
    WOW, lol clean that up and then come back and "say" what you were trying to
    if you can't understand what I said, just ignore me, easy as that.
    03-16-10 09:21 AM
    if you can't understand what I said, just ignore me, easy as that.
    lol i'll make sure to keep that in mind next time i see your name (ignore AcADIeN he has trouble typing correct sentences).

Man im just playing don't take it personally.
    03-16-10 09:24 AM
    lol i'll make sure to keep that in mind next time i see your name (ignore AcADIeN he has trouble typing correct sentences).

Man im just playing don't take it personally.
    no worries, I'm not the type of guys that take stuff personally from a forums.
    03-16-10 09:25 AM
    no worries, I'm not the type of guys that take stuff personally from a forums.
    Play nice now boyz..

Apple has much better apps and games, hands down, there's no argument there but we're not here to compare apps, this thread is more "practical" use. My Ipod Touch compliments my Blackberry, it will carry on what my Blackberry can't do, which is a PDA, MultiMedia device. Although, as a stand alone, the 8900 is a decent mp3 player, calendar, phonebook and supports divx movies which IMO is a plus. Screen size is a factor, for the quick video or browsing the 8900 screen will suffice, but for a long period of time it's not practical, that's where my Ipod Touch screen shines. This is also a 'cons', big screens is not always good depending on what you're doing, I for one will never carry my Ipod when I'm out doing physical work or play, it's just too bulky and I'm paranoid about cracking the screen. Unlike a lot of ppl I know, I don't have that kind of cash flow to replace my devices when I can lower the risk of damaging them.

my 2 cents!
    03-16-10 10:59 AM
    you should have left military personnel out of your statement there are so many soldiers who own iPhones it would blow your mind. Maybe your thinking High Ranking generals who are issued Blackberry's. almost every soldier i know owns an iPhone, rather it be in the states overseas stationed in europe and carrying them in iraq using asiacell sim cards all over the chow halls playing games like monopoly, and what not over wifi, and calling family over skype. Yea but anyway you do see soldiers wondering around with the iPhone all day everyday.
    Brandon,

Respect to all military folk.. whatever they use :-)

Yup i meant people being issued with BB's on a professional level. Thats the domain I work in.

Yes for games and running a personal life Iphone is fab.. i use a touch for all the apps and fun stuff but for me in business BB is the weapon of choice.

I echo what other people have said.. its all down to personal choice and whatever floats your boat :-) if you find something that works for you then stick with it and make the most of it
    03-16-10 11:53 AM
    Brandon,

Respect to all military folk.. whatever they use :-)

Yup i meant people being issued with BB's on a professional level. Thats the domain I work in.

Yes for games and running a personal life Iphone is fab.. i use a touch for all the apps and fun stuff but for me in business BB is the weapon of choice.

I echo what other people have said.. its all down to personal choice and whatever floats your boat :-) if you find something that works for you then stick with it and make the most of it
    ok agreed. I have an issued Blackberry as well, i just thought you were trying to say military uses Blackberry period, and I'm like wow heck no all these woman and men out here have iPhones. literally tons of soldiers love those things. My company 1st Sergeant brags about his all day like its his son or something.
    03-16-10 11:58 AM
    i absolutely love my blackberry, it is by far the best phone i have every had. however the only reason i keep the iphone is because of its popularity, lets face it, everyone has an iphone. also, i like how big & the clarity of the screen. the blackberry however zooms in without all the blur which is nice when im trying to see the details of a picture. also i like the feel of having a keep board to touch, it makes a big difference in my texting, making it easier to text without looking. i also like how i can create shortcut to things i use often, like the camera. the blackberry also has a great quality camera, including a flash. also my blackberry is very durable, i dropped my phone 1 time & the screen is shattered.

if i were you i would keep the blackberry, but its fun to switch between phones.(;
    06-22-10 06:07 PM
197 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD