blackphone and iberry .. and be autistic... hahhaha..
    05-28-09 04:32 AM
    Had enough of BB / Mac

Cut and paste + speed bump and landscape keyboard in all apps - is all I need to jump off the BB ship...

Besides the keyboard in the 8900 was just too small.... (I hear the Palm Pre is the same size, and it ain't great...)

I will always have place in my heart for my BB's

BYE BYE!

06-17-09 10:20 AM
    Sorry CB community but I'd actually go with the iPhone in this case just because it has 3G !!
    06-17-09 10:34 AM
    You can easily operate the 8900 one-handed in your car. I drive standard, and I fiddle with the Jav and shift gears with the same hand.
    Haha , I use both hands when typing on my Bold and guess who's holding on to the steering wheel ? My THIGHS !!!
    06-17-09 10:36 AM
    Sorry CB community but I'd actually go with the iPhone in this case just because it has 3G !!
    Have fun, you will be back one day.
    06-17-09 11:04 AM
    Have fun, you will be back one day.
    Im already having fun with my Bold I never said I have an iPhone All i said was I'd choose the iPhone over the Curve 8900 !!
    06-17-09 11:06 AM
    Im already having fun with my Bold I never said I have an iPhone All i said was I'd choose the iPhone over the Curve 8900 !!
    That's a very silly thing to say!
    06-17-09 11:10 AM
    And why is that ?
    06-17-09 11:12 AM
    because the 8900 is better than the iPhone...LOL
    06-17-09 11:37 AM
    Different people , Different opinions
    06-17-09 11:40 AM
    hahahah.... I know... I was just messing around.

The iPhone has uses....
    06-17-09 11:41 AM
    A Blackberry 8700 is better than an iPhone.
    06-18-09 09:54 AM
    My 8900 was free from my network..

How-Ever!

The cost to leave my network to go over to iPhone network here in the UK just cost me $800 (paid it yesterday) the phone itself will cost me $440. So the total outlay to move to iPhone = $1,240

Yes its a lot but I can write it off on taxes + I feel I need it as the sync issues between BB & mac were driving me crazy.. and messing with my business productivity..

To me the 8900 messed up on the keyboard, just too small, the 8300 was a great size keyboard and brilliantly back lit.(its impossible to lurk around in the dark and use an 8900) The numbers on the 8900 - dark red on black? - that just stupid! Impossible to read... and that messed me up on a daily basis..

You gotta love a new gadget!
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 06-18-09 at 10:17 AM.
    06-18-09 10:14 AM
    I would say what does suck with the iphone is something as simple as being able to remove the battery...My battery life on my Storm is great but I purchased an extra and keep it charged and in my backpack just in case I am in a situation where I cant get to a charger or something. I have about 10 or so full length movies on my phone's 16gig memory card and when I am watching a couple movies back to back say when I am on a flight or road trip or something its nice to be able to just pop out the dead battery and replace it with a fresh one, which is something a 3.0 upgrade in software will never fix. Also I still have the original 8 gig memory card which I have other movies and media stored on which is also nice to just be able to switch that guy out for the other one and have more options. Also something the iphone will never be able to do. Its either 8gig or 16gig and that's it and if your like me you can burn through 16 gig easily with music, movies, and pictures... And I really like recording video with my Storm which is something an iphone will not be able to do also unless you purchase the new iphone which is coming out on Friday from what I understand....Multitasking is important to me also, being able to send and recieve video messaging, being able to have service where ever I go, not being booted off websites, etc. are all problems related to the iphone. My GF has an iphone and we can be sitting at the same table at a restaurant and she cant even sign on to her browser to look something up when I am seated right across from her signing on with no problems... Either way it is a personal choice for what demands you have in a phone. Like everyone else said if you like shiny and flashy go with the iphone, but if you value form and function and useability then I would say go with the 8900 or a similar device....Good luck
    06-18-09 10:32 AM
    One thing is for sure... the iPhone and Mac play much better together than the BB and Mac!!!
    06-18-09 10:43 AM
    Ive had both and i love my 8900, i started with an iphone 2g and loved every minute of it, once it was gone i switched to the storm just to see how it was gonna be after the iphone, loved the storm which got me blackberry addicted and then switched to the 8900 cause i need a full keyboard (email and txt alot for work all day long) and overall the 8900 is better IMO, but like mentioned its a matter of personal choice, some might like the touchscreen as i did at first, others need a full keyboard...if you have to second guess it its not for you
    06-18-09 10:51 AM
    Because its a BlackBerry, and the crapphone is not!!! My .02 Mmmmwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 10:58 AM
    I currently own iPhone 3g 8GB. and since i ordered 8900 from Tmobile, i need to sell either one.

i like the web-browser and applications on iPhone, especially 3d games to kill times. But besides that touchscreen can be annoying, when driving.

I haven't got 8900 yet, but formal addict of blackberry pearl, it delivered good messaging and cracked out brickbreaker.

im in the dilemma of which phone to get rid of.

anyways, can you guys convince why 8900 is better than iphone 3g?
    I got a bold and now will be getting a 8900 as a work phone oops device! whats the iphone for? it just has issue after issue.
    06-18-09 11:25 AM
    no phone will ever have a better "web-browser" then the iPhone.

so you might as well turn your plan into a family plan and carry 2 phones.

ORRRR. Sell your 8900
    I 2nd that. I have both (8900 and iPhone 3G 16GB), never gettin rid of either
    06-19-09 01:51 PM
    I'll keep both. Iphone for relaxation and the 8900 for working purpose
    06-20-09 10:35 AM
    I have recently switched from the iPhone 3G to the 8900. I must say that the user experience I have had with the 8900 has been stellar.

High points of the 8900:
    1. The keyboard. The physical keyboard is simply better.
    2. Multitasking. You can have multiple applications open at once. Say AIM, and still being able to get your messages (E-mail, Text, etc...)
    3. Removable battery. You can remove and replace the battery.
    4. Google Voice. If you use Google Voice, the blackberry application is very good.
    5. Push E-mail. Nothing better.
    6. UMA. A killer application for me. If you use T-Mobile, for $9.99 you can get unlimited calling over Wi-Fi (any Wi-Fi).
    7. Media Transfer. Being able to transfer data to/from the phone.

I will say this, I thought I was going to be out of luck on the application side of things, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I found most of the applications that I used on a daily basis on the iPhone are available for the blackberry. Namely Facebook, Pandora, Google Mobile App, AP Mobile News, and Reuters. I also found the Opera Mini browser isn't half bad.

Now, the iPhone.

Highlights for the iPhone:
    1. A very large/very nice screen.
    2. Thousands of applications.
    3. 3G network with Safari browser. Excellent combo. The iPhone web browsing experience is the best I've seen.
    4. Accessories. Because of the popularity of the iPhone, you will be able to find any and every accessory you could ever want. For example, external battery cases.
    5. iTunes integration. You can buy songs, TV shows, etc... right from the phone. This is a great feature, say if you are in an Airport and want to watch a movie etc...
    6. Jailbreaking/Unlocking. If you jailbreak the iPhone, you'll gain access to Cydia, (the unlocked application store), which has a ton of very useful applications that will give added functionality. For example, "Backgrounder". Which allows you have multiple applications open at once.

Overall, I think the 8900 is the better choice. Plus, you are able to get away from the Apple application approval process. I think, the user should be able run any application that is legal on his/her phone. Shutting out Google Voice sealed the deal for me. But, that's my personal opinion.

Hope this helps!
    08-23-09 05:52 PM
    The iPhone is hands down the best device. The proof is in the Air Hockey app.

08-23-09 06:01 PM
    I carry the 8900 which I love for business use and as a phone in general and an iTouch for Internet, Skype calls, Games and iPod functionality. I know this is not ideal for everyone but does the trick for me.
    Last edited by RKRick; 08-23-09 at 06:46 PM.
    08-23-09 06:42 PM
    One thing is for sure... the iPhone and Mac play much better together than the BB and Mac!!!
    No longer shall you say that Clint! When september rolls around and we get DM for Mac!
    08-23-09 06:43 PM
    I will gladly and happily retract that statement when it does happen: )

08-23-09 07:02 PM
197 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD