I would say what does suck with the iphone is something as simple as being able to remove the battery...My battery life on my Storm is great but I purchased an extra and keep it charged and in my backpack just in case I am in a situation where I cant get to a charger or something. I have about 10 or so full length movies on my phone's 16gig memory card and when I am watching a couple movies back to back say when I am on a flight or road trip or something its nice to be able to just pop out the dead battery and replace it with a fresh one, which is something a 3.0 upgrade in software will never fix. Also I still have the original 8 gig memory card which I have other movies and media stored on which is also nice to just be able to switch that guy out for the other one and have more options. Also something the iphone will never be able to do. Its either 8gig or 16gig and that's it and if your like me you can burn through 16 gig easily with music, movies, and pictures... And I really like recording video with my Storm which is something an iphone will not be able to do also unless you purchase the new iphone which is coming out on Friday from what I understand....Multitasking is important to me also, being able to send and recieve video messaging, being able to have service where ever I go, not being booted off websites, etc. are all problems related to the iphone. My GF has an iphone and we can be sitting at the same table at a restaurant and she cant even sign on to her browser to look something up when I am seated right across from her signing on with no problems... Either way it is a personal choice for what demands you have in a phone. Like everyone else said if you like shiny and flashy go with the iphone, but if you value form and function and useability then I would say go with the 8900 or a similar device....Good luck
    The iphone is a killer device. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or has never used one. Evry time I pick one up, I am amazed at its capbilities. It has the best browser and the aesthetics (design) are second to none. I have a Bold becuase overall, its the best device on the market its functionality and reliability are second to none and RIM has made many strides to catch up with the iphone in what the iphone does best. If the iphone begins to multitask, it will be the best touchscreen phone by far if it isn't already. I don't really think that anyone can really compare the iphone and a blackberry. They are decidedly different and target different consumers. Thise who have both generally only use each for what they are specifically known phone - blackberry for business and the iphone for pleasure. Both are working on their shortcomings. I can predict that in years to come, the two companies will produce just about the same product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 07:35 PM
    I will gladly and happily retract that statement when it does happen: )

I'll retract it for you, gladly.
    08-23-09 09:33 PM
    The iphone is a killer device. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or has never used one. Evry time I pick one up, I am amazed at its capbilities. It has the best browser and the aesthetics (design) are second to none. I have a Bold becuase overall, its the best device on the market its functionality and reliability are second to none and RIM has made many strides to catch up with the iphone in what the iphone does best. If the iphone begins to multitask, it will be the best touchscreen phone by far if it isn't already. I don't really think that anyone can really compare the iphone and a blackberry. They are decidedly different and target different consumers. Thise who have both generally only use each for what they are specifically known phone - blackberry for business and the iphone for pleasure. Both are working on their shortcomings. I can predict that in years to come, the two companies will produce just about the same product.

The iPhoney is a great device for entertainment, while a BB is a great device for production. I do agree with you that they are not really comparable since each device is targeted for different users.
    08-23-09 09:39 PM
    Yup, I'm a college student and the blackberry vs. iphone is never ending for us since we are in the middle of teens and adults. I prefer the blackberry for its robust email and messaging application. But, the iPhone is excellent for media consumption. Clear advantage that the iPhone has is the App Store.
    08-23-09 09:42 PM
    Those two are great devices but the other is ones weakness. 8900 has the best email and texting capability while the other is great in multimedia. I advise you to keep the 8900 and buy an itouch for your media needs. I had an itouch and gave it away to my gf cause I only need one device. 8900 can't hold a candle on iphone/itouch media capability but it can hold its own. I watch movies and play mp3s on my 8900 with no complaints.
    Web browsing is awesome with opera too. The blackberry browser flat out sucks but I have confidence RIM will fix that in the future.

Last edited by darkmanx2g; 08-24-09 at 02:07 AM.
    08-24-09 01:52 AM
    Hey!

This is my first post on this site. Although Im a keen reader here. I had the iphone 3g and chucked it.
    Went for the 8900 and till now there isnt a single device I find that can make me jump ship over the 8900.
    Of course it also depends on usage and needs of the device. I use the 8900 mainly for email and I find it super simple to use and manage.
    I also love the bright flash/videolight on the curve which is useful at nite. No more groping in the dark for anything.
    In a nutshell, all depends on your usage and needs. Both phones are great but for specific audiences.
    Hope it helps.
    P.S : in my profile it says Device: Blackberry Storm. I used it formerly. Sold it

Sunny
    Last edited by sunster; 08-24-09 at 02:10 AM.
    08-24-09 02:06 AM
    I love the form factor of my curve. It's a beautiful, sleek looking phone. I honestly never understood all the fuss over the iphone. Music plays great on my curve. The headphones are loud and the sound quality is very good for a phone. I don't know why people would want to have to carry around two devices, having a separate phone and mp3 player (whatever brands they might be). To me, the whole evolution of devices is that they have finally converged. I know ipods can hold insane amounts of music but eventually mass storage cards will catch up. It's my understanding they are currently working on a new standard to allow sd cards to hold up to 2 terabytes. I'm not sure if that's micro sd but I'm sure that is in the works as well.

This is just my opinion. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for preferring one device over another, or preferring to carry two devices.
    08-24-09 06:53 AM
    Hey!

This is my first post on this site. Although Im a keen reader here. I had the iphone 3g and chucked it.
    Went for the 8900 and till now there isnt a single device I find that can make me jump ship over the 8900.
    Of course it also depends on usage and needs of the device. I use the 8900 mainly for email and I find it super simple to use and manage.
    I also love the bright flash/videolight on the curve which is useful at nite. No more groping in the dark for anything.
    In a nutshell, all depends on your usage and needs. Both phones are great but for specific audiences.
    Hope it helps.
    P.S : in my profile it says Device: Blackberry Storm. I used it formerly. Sold it

Sunny
    The flash on the 8900 is wonderful. It lights up the whole space.
    08-24-09 06:55 AM
    Apples and Oranges. YOU have to decide which features are most important to you. If it's the browser and games, then keep your iPhone. If it's messaging features and reliability, BB hands down.
    08-24-09 07:42 AM
    I don't know why people would want to have to carry around two devices, having a separate phone and mp3 player (whatever brands they might be).
    Erm...what do you think an Iphone is?
    08-24-09 07:45 AM
    First of all there is no excuse to use your phone when you are driving. Stop being a ****in moron and keep your eyes on the road and not in your hands. People like you and others are causing far too many innocent lives to end because they urgently need to txt, txt what, your life away.

08-24-09 07:57 AM
    I love the form factor of my curve. It's a beautiful, sleek looking phone. I honestly never understood all the fuss over the iphone. Music plays great on my curve. The headphones are loud and the sound quality is very good for a phone. I don't know why people would want to have to carry around two devices, having a separate phone and mp3 player (whatever brands they might be). To me, the whole evolution of devices is that they have finally converged. I know ipods can hold insane amounts of music but eventually mass storage cards will catch up. It's my understanding they are currently working on a new standard to allow sd cards to hold up to 2 terabytes. I'm not sure if that's micro sd but I'm sure that is in the works as well.

This is just my opinion. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for preferring one device over another, or preferring to carry two devices.
    I agree in that I don't want to carry two devices although I do at work any way since they also gave me a BB to use. I play music and audio books on my 8900 and am quite happy with it. I have a stereo bluetooth headset which gets great sound. Everyone always raves about iPhones app store but do they really use all those apps they rave about? Seriously. I find a few apps I like and I'm good. I'd be interested to know how many BB users or iPhone for that matter actually USE tons of apps on a daily basis.
    08-24-09 08:15 AM
    I carry both. They are two different animals, IMO. The iphone is a mini computer. The BB 8900 is great for instant communication. This debate goes on and on and on.....
    08-24-09 08:16 AM
    A Blackberry 8700 is better than an iPhone.
    Ouch! As a recent 8703 user (work), that's pretty harsh
    08-24-09 08:16 AM
    I carry both. They are two different animals, IMO. The iphone is a mini computer. The BB 8900 is great for instant communication. This debate goes on and on and on.....
    Agree. Both are great devices in their own right. Chose the one that works best for you or both like I do. No need to raise one above the other.
    08-24-09 08:38 AM
    Architecturally speaking the BB is far more of a computer than the iPhone.

But if you really want the best of everything, wait for the Nokia N900, that thing is a true computer.
    08-24-09 10:35 AM
    Architecturally speaking the BB is far more of a computer than the iPhone.

But if you really want the best of everything, wait for the Nokia N900, that thing is a true computer.
    LOL. That thing is huge!
    08-24-09 11:14 AM
    8900 for fast communication via text, email, and TWITTER!
    08-24-09 11:32 AM
    LOL. That thing is huge!
    Yep, but with a 800x400 screen and running a straight up version of Linux it's going to be killer!
    08-24-09 12:12 PM
    And hence I expect fanboy response here.

Please do explain how the iPhone isn't a smartphone at all? Actually, you're right...it's a computer.
    *cough* obsessive *cough*
    I bet you have an account at an iPhoney forum 3,000 posts.

I would go with the 8900. I as well have also had both; there's pros and cons about each phone, but the iPhone's cons far outweigh the blackberries.

If you want a shiny glow box filled with a lot of proprietary locked software, go with the iPhone. (In my opinion it's ridiculous the you have to "jail break" your phone to make it better...that also makes me question the iPhone's security)

If you want a reliable smart phone that is fast and productive, go with the 8900.
    08-26-09 05:56 AM
    . . . I as well have also had both; there's pros and cons about each phone, but the iPhone's cons far outweigh the blackberries.

. . . If you want a shiny glow box filled with a lot of proprietary locked software, go with the iPhone.

. . . If you want a reliable smart phone that is fast and productive, go with the 8900.
    That describes my experience as well. Gave up my iPhone 3G after 3 months and bought my 8900. Haven't looked back since.
    08-26-09 09:07 AM
    Iphone just sucks and simple as that !!
    08-26-09 11:29 AM
    Iphone just sucks and simple as that !!
    Thanks for the thorough justification. Now I'm going to buy a BlackBerry.
    08-26-09 01:12 PM
    i am using iphone 3g
    i have seen you people arguing that you shifted because of copy and paste and multi tasking
    but now iphone has copy/paste,multi tasking through app backgrounder n recently an aplication has been released for bluetooth
    so just give me some good reasons to go for 8900 curve cause i might sell my iphone n go for 8900
    03-14-10 02:00 PM
    I currently have a 8900 and its a pretty good phone would be a lot better with 3g and a better browser. Iphone is a great phone in my opinion, yes it is limited to whatever Apple wants it to have but who really cares because there's most likely a app for what you want. If you where running a company such as Apple you would do the exact same thing so you would have better control over your product plus make more money at the same time.

Last edited by Bberry_901; 03-14-10 at 08:49 PM.
    03-14-10 08:44 PM
197 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD