Just got my 8900. My second BB. I have an ITouch- would not want an Iphone. Still need my BB. Resolution is great. Love the auto focus camera.
    05-07-09 02:24 AM
    I think the i phone is much better due to the fact that the 8900 has a small screen and the iphone has AN INMENSIVE AMOUNT OF INCHES OF SCREEN. Also iphone has full web expirence were as the blackberry does not. They both have wifi but the blackberry does not let you go on the internet unless you change the settings. YOUR LIFE WILL RE VOL AROUND YOUR I PHONE.

i guarantee you that when you have them both you will see the big difference
    05-24-09 09:22 PM
    the itoy is just a toy. it might seem badass but after a week, the touch screen will wear off and youll want a physical keyboard.
    05-24-09 10:01 PM
    I think the i phone is much better due to the fact that the 8900 has a small screen and the iphone has AN INMENSIVE AMOUNT OF INCHES OF SCREEN. Also iphone has full web expirence were as the blackberry does not. They both have wifi but the blackberry does not let you go on the internet unless you change the settings. YOUR LIFE WILL RE VOL AROUND YOUR I PHONE.

i guarantee you that when you have them both you will see the big difference
    I have a full web experience on my BB and I didn't have to change any settings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 10:18 PM
    um well for one you can buy more then 1 battery and switch them out if you run out of juice! You get push email, you can update your OS without having to go through all the bs you have to with iphone. You have 1 million strong for deticated support on crackberry! Customisation is unlimited, oh and you can send and recieve picture mail. For starters..
    05-25-09 09:09 AM
    it's really funny how the first thing people have to say about the iPhone is there is no copy and paste.I've owned A iPhone for a year and a half and out of that time I've honestly have thought about having copy and paste 5 times if that.

I'm sure 98% of people don't even have use for it so it's really not a issue.
    Yeah...well when you thought about using it, you couldn't right? When you have something available to you, it often makes a difference when it comes to evaluating its usefulness. I never thought copy/paste was a big deal either...until I actually had the capability to copy/paste. I use it often, and I'd miss not having it.

Where did you get the "98%" number?
    05-25-09 09:30 AM
    email is better on the 8900. typing is faster on the 8900. camera is better on the 8900. the only reason for keeping the iphone would be for the browser. imo, not worth it! keep the bb!
    05-25-09 10:30 AM
    Yeah...well when you thought about using it, you couldn't right? When you have something available to you, it often makes a difference when it comes to evaluating its usefulness. I never thought copy/paste was a big deal either...until I actually had the capability to copy/paste. I use it often, and I'd miss not having it.

Where did you get the "98%" number?
    +1.

Like I say... list the things you can do on the one that you can't on the other, and vice versa. Subjective stuff like "web browsing experience' don't count.

The choice is easy.

And, cut and paste is major for me.
    05-25-09 01:29 PM
    Once you get the 8900 you will fall in love with it....especially if you liked the pearl!!!!
    Exactomundo

05-25-09 03:17 PM
    I love my iPhone but the only reason I dont own an 8900 is cuz im not eligible for the upgrade. The 8900 is simply sexy.
    05-25-09 04:27 PM
    As someone who's had both, it's very obvious that most of the anti-iphone sentiments on here are by blackberry fanboys and not by objective thinkers.

iPhone's email experience is much nicer than blackberries, what with easier to use folder management and a much faster keyboard..one that doesn't take up any of the hardware real estate.

The web browser is certainly better.

The multimedia experience is better.

The number of apps, and the fact the apps are actually good, and that iPhone has 3G...

To name a few.
    05-25-09 05:52 PM
    As someone who's had both, it's very obvious that most of the anti-iphone sentiments on here are by blackberry fanboys and not by objective thinkers.

iPhone's email experience is much nicer than blackberries, what with easier to use folder management and a much faster keyboard..one that doesn't take up any of the hardware real estate.

The number of apps, and the fact the apps are actually good, and that iPhone has 3G...

To name a few.
    LOL ... all I can do is laugh at this post and move on. Thanks for a good laugh though!
    05-25-09 06:09 PM
    Very simple. The Blackberry is a far better phone.

The iPhone is only an iPod with a phone stuck on. It is not a smartphone at all.

It is a pretty looking box that has a great browser and no way to remove the media card.

I think the iPhone is crap but this is a Blackberry forum.
    05-25-09 06:14 PM
    And hence I expect fanboy response here.

Please do explain how the iPhone isn't a smartphone at all? Actually, you're right...it's a computer.
    05-25-09 06:40 PM
    And hence I expect fanboy response here.

Please do explain how the iPhone isn't a smartphone at all? Actually, you're right...it's a computer.
    LMAO @ this guy!
    05-25-09 06:41 PM
    I can tell you with 3.0 there will be MMS for the iPhone but truly the iphone has one big requirement. You have to find work arounds for a lot of things. You have to keep iTunes and a broadband connection for the iphone to update , sync, backup. The email only pushes currently for yahoo,enterprise. so push features arent there for all email
    Exchange email pushes, Yahoo email pushes for free, and MobileMe works too...so much misinformation here.
    05-25-09 06:41 PM

To name a few.
    What iPhone apps do you use (and what are they used for)?
    05-25-09 07:16 PM
    Blackberry all the way, I got rid of my Iphone I was using on T-mobile for about 6 months, I barely used any of the apps it offered, the touch screen got old. I absolutely love, repeat love, my new blackberry and am so glad I made the switch. Works better on the network since it has no need to be jailbroken, has many cool apps/options like the iPhone plus I prefer actual buttons since I'm one of those that prefers texting...trust me you'll be happy you made the switch
    05-25-09 07:43 PM
    What programs for copy/paste? My wife has one and she would like to know. And what is swirly MMS? She always has to login to some stupid site to view MMS. She gets very irritated having to do that.
    Swirly MMS is the iPhone's app for viewing/recieving and sending MMS messages, worked great when I had my iPhone, think it cost me 8 bucks but it was worth it if you get/send a lot of MMS messages! Still not as cool as my blackberry
    05-25-09 07:45 PM
    You should agree to disagree because you know neither of you guys are going to budge.
    05-25-09 07:50 PM
    It's a blackberry!! <nuff said!LOL!
    05-25-09 08:28 PM
    ive had both. I currently have the 8900 but i'm keeping my iphone 3g until i can completely make a clean break! I had bb's for like 5 years prior and i just wanted a change. The iphone to ME is all around a better phone ( apps, etc..) HOWEVER there is just something about the bb that keeps calling me back.
    05-25-09 08:37 PM
    You can easily operate the 8900 one-handed in your car. I drive standard, and I fiddle with the Jav and shift gears with the same hand.
    05-25-09 10:18 PM
    I am still pursuing the playful argument: for those that proclaim the numerical superiority of iPhone apps (I actually agree), how many are on your iPhone? Which ones?

05-25-09 10:51 PM
    You can easily operate the 8900 one-handed in your car. I drive standard, and I fiddle with the Jav and shift gears with the same hand.
    Yeah driving while browsing and texting is good times.

05-25-09 11:10 PM
197 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD