I phones are for kids blackberrys get down to business.
    04-06-09 08:29 PM
    Although I like my iPhone, I can't tolerate ATT anymore. I've heard here that the Bold is great on ATT, but where I live in Ohio, EVERYONE I ask who has ATT, whether it's with an iPhone, Palm, or anything else can't tolerate it. I've thought about going back to Verizon, but the 8330 is a bit "old" technology (unless someone here can convince me otherwise..and I do have an open mind), and the Storm just isn't what I'm looking at. I've read about Niagara, but who knows when that will come out. The 8900 looks like a great BB, but how is T-Mobile in Ohio..if anyone out there uses it in NE Ohio. We travel to FL and SoCal a lot too, so that would be a T-Mobile consideration too. Thanks for any comments. I appreciate it.
    Frank
    04-07-09 05:31 AM
    T-mobile works pretty well for me in Florida... I have traveled up the whole east cost with it ... with out any issues...however not to Ohio

You do have the buyer remorse period if you don't like it too.
    04-07-09 06:45 AM
    >>T-mobile works pretty well for me in Florida... I have traveled up the whole east cost with it ... with out any issues...however not to Ohio<<

I see you're in Tampa. When we go, we spend loads of time in Tampa/Orlando. Great area. If T-Mobile works there, then I could be very happy.

>>You do have the buyer remorse period if you don't like it too.<<
    Great to hear. I didn't know that.
    Thanks.
    Frank
    04-07-09 07:04 AM
    I can tell you the 8900 is a great phone, and well I have used a few different one - came from 8310 >> Bold >> 8900

I had a iTouch for a while , just could not justify the price , without a phone
    and well - the apps were m ostly useless, so same goes for iphone

I had itouch jailbroke too ...

since the iphone is jammed with useless apps, I can't see the point - sure you can surf, but the phone part leaves something to be desired ... its not focused on phone more on multimedia

I like things that have an actual function not just flair
    04-07-09 07:12 AM
    I use phone/txt/email in that order. I don't do much web browsing on a phone. But I have so many problems with ATT & dropped calls.
    Frank
    04-07-09 07:40 AM
    Yeah I'd say most of the apps on the iPhone are targeted towards children. I mean wtf "iFart"...seriously
    Lol what about the storm....there's at least 3 fart apps...even seen that there was a give away on this site for 10,000 free fart apps....i mean come on bro...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 08:48 AM
    I use phone/txt/email in that order. I don't do much web browsing on a phone. But I have so many problems with ATT & dropped calls.
    Frank

Phone...Txt and email support on the 8900 is great!!!!

I think you will be really happy with it, if you can get the coverage at home. I would talk to T-mobile and tell them you are interested and find out how you can try out a phone for a week or so where you use it.
    04-07-09 08:51 AM
    Both devices are good for their purposes.....i have a bb 8900 and a storm they are great communication tools...the best the industrie can have...i looooove uma on the 8900!!!
    But i love my iphone 3G...streaming on 3g is a breeze... there's a ton of apps (yes a lot are useless ) but i still found some that i really use
    Everyday...i just love all 3...

Last edited by big samm; 04-07-09 at 09:11 AM.
    04-07-09 09:02 AM
    Although I like my iPhone, I can't tolerate ATT anymore. I've heard here that the Bold is great on ATT, but where I live in Ohio, EVERYONE I ask who has ATT, whether it's with an iPhone, Palm, or anything else can't tolerate it. I've thought about going back to Verizon, but the 8330 is a bit "old" technology (unless someone here can convince me otherwise..and I do have an open mind), and the Storm just isn't what I'm looking at. I've read about Niagara, but who knows when that will come out. The 8900 looks like a great BB, but how is T-Mobile in Ohio..if anyone out there uses it in NE Ohio. We travel to FL and SoCal a lot too, so that would be a T-Mobile consideration too. Thanks for any comments. I appreciate it.
    Frank
    I was in the same boat as you about a month ago or so and here is what I suggest that you do. Go to T-mobile and open a new account. Get the cheapest (free) phone and the cheapest plan available so you can just gauge the signal in your area. T-mobile is a good provider going off of the feedback they get here at Crackberry but their coverage varies by area. You need to find out for sure what the coverage is like in your specific area. Make sure when you do this that you have ample time to test out the signal in various areas at one time because you only have 14 days until you can return everything and get out of the contract. By doing this you can know for sure the signal is good for you specifically in your specific area. If you do not use any minutes and just use the phone to gauge the signal, the whole thing should cost you less than $10. Good Luck.
    04-07-09 09:24 AM
    Which one is better?

For me, when it comes to comparing stuff, it is relatively simple: what can be done on device A, and what can be done on device B?

Better yet, what can I do one one that I can't do on the other? Vice versa?

The answer is usually quite clear to me then...
    05-04-09 06:21 AM
    What I'd like to know is how good or bad is the iPhone email experience. Besides making phone calls, I frequently use my BB Pearl to catch up with my personal email account via IMAP. Saves me a lot of time to take care of these emails while waiting in line etc. rather than leaving them til I get home. The iPhone has a very nice web browser, which would be my next favorite use for the phone after email. But if the email experience is cumbersome or slow/unreliable on the iPhone then I'd rather upgrade my Pearl 8100 to the BB 8900.
    05-06-09 05:01 PM
    Cause apple is for fanboys. /thread

05-06-09 05:15 PM
    the email experience isn't bad, it is slow unless you are willing to be raked over the coles for 99 bux a year for MobileMe to have push email. If your number one concern is email then stick with your blackberry. I use an iPhone and blackberry and the iPhone pales in comparison regarding email.

05-06-09 05:22 PM
    I can tell you with 3.0 there will be MMS for the iPhone but truly the iphone has one big requirement. You have to find work arounds for a lot of things. You have to keep iTunes and a broadband connection for the iphone to update , sync, backup. The email only pushes currently for yahoo,enterprise. so push features arent there for all email
    05-06-09 05:26 PM
    I switched back to BB after using a G1 and 8900 and I could not be happier. I had a 8100 before getting the G1 and iPhone and couldn't stand the thing because it was constantly crashing. Now on the other hand. the 8900 is like my dream BB. It does everything I could want it to do and more. It does everything I want WITHOUT having to jailbreak it (iPhone), or root it (G1). With the iPhone I could only use one app at a time and that gets very annyoying. With the 8900 I can be IMing someone with BeeJive IM, chatting it up on BBM, emailing, and browsing CB all at the same time without a hitch. The 8900 is the best BB made. No question to it. I love my 8900. Once you go Black you never go back. You will love the 8900. For the web browser, I recommend BOLT, I actually prefer it over the iPhone browser because of its speed. Also, soon a new browser called SkyFire is coming to BB and it will support Flash. It was voted best mobile browser at the Webbie Awards. I personally have never used the BB version, but I tried the Windows Mobile version at the T-Mobile Store and I was very impressed. It loaded hulu and YouTube faster than my laptop that has a 1.5Mbs DSL connection; and that was on EDGE! The apps on the iPhone might be cool, but they get boring fast. Also, when you use a BB you going the whole million strong CrackBerry community. The community was one of the main reasons I came back to BB after switching to other platforms. The push email is really great. Let me tell you something, I know a few people around here in the CB community that use their BB as their computer; they don't have a computer because they don't need or want one. That tells you alot about the phone If someone can use it as their main computer that tells you that it is very powerful and reliable. I'd like to hear about an iPhone user that doesn't own a computer. I doubt you'd be able to find one. You can also run any app you want on a BlackBerry, without having to mod anything. If you are not satisfied with the 8900, I would be shocked. You have to update the OS to have really good battery life though. The battery life with .114 (stock OS) is not very good, but if you don't want to update the OS, the 8900 is still a great phone out of the box. I also love that you can type on the 8900 without looking. I've only had my 8900 for about 3 weeks and I'm already touch typing on it. For example, I can watch TV and type a message on my BB at the same time. Example 2, I can be walking in a mall and type a message without walking into people or walls. As you can tell, I am obsessed with my 8900 and it is very hard for me to part with it any time I can't use my BB. I highly recommend this case. I reviewed the case here.Take my word for it, you will love the 8900. PM me if you have any other questions/concerns about using the 8900. Sorry if I repeated anything. Bottom line: Keep the 8900!
    (I gotta stop writing such long replies!)

EDIT: Let's not forget the great camera that the 8900 has along with autofocus. Also, the ability to so easily customize it to your liking.
    Last edited by branden3112; 05-06-09 at 06:49 PM.
    05-06-09 05:30 PM
    This might be a dumb question. I think the answer is yes. But, can I use my Iphone's WiFi without any cell service and doing anything else at all?

Can I use it for internet and email?
    Yes, you can. I sometimes do that with my iPhone to update apps and the such.
    05-06-09 05:50 PM
    >>T-mobile works pretty well for me in Florida... I have traveled up the whole east cost with it ... with out any issues...however not to Ohio<<

I see you're in Tampa. When we go, we spend loads of time in Tampa/Orlando. Great area. If T-Mobile works there, then I could be very happy.

>>You do have the buyer remorse period if you don't like it too.<<
    Great to hear. I didn't know that.
    Thanks.
    Frank
    I can tell you the 8900 is a great phone, and well I have used a few different one - came from 8310 >> Bold >> 8900

I had a iTouch for a while , just could not justify the price , without a phone
    and well - the apps were m ostly useless, so same goes for iphone

I had itouch jailbroke too ...

since the iphone is jammed with useless apps, I can't see the point - sure you can surf, but the phone part leaves something to be desired ... its not focused on phone more on multimedia

I like things that have an actual function not just flair
    Yeah I'd say most of the apps on the iPhone are targeted towards children. I mean wtf "iFart"...seriously
    Phone...Txt and email support on the 8900 is great!!!!

I think you will be really happy with it, if you can get the coverage at home. I would talk to T-mobile and tell them you are interested and find out how you can try out a phone for a week or so where you use it.
    the email experience isn't bad, it is slow unless you are willing to be raked over the coles for 99 bux a year for MobileMe to have push email. If your number one concern is email then stick with your blackberry. I use an iPhone and blackberry and the iPhone pales in comparison regarding email.

I can tell you with 3.0 there will be MMS for the iPhone but truly the iphone has one big requirement. You have to find work arounds for a lot of things. You have to keep iTunes and a broadband connection for the iphone to update , sync, backup. The email only pushes currently for yahoo,enterprise. so push features arent there for all email
    I couldn't agree more wit the above posts.
    05-06-09 05:59 PM
    Branden pretty much hit it on the head on why the 8900 is better than an iPhone. IMO any Blackberry is better than an iPhone. My brother has a iPhone 2g and some of my friends have 3g's and they just dont compare to my berries. Push email is a huge love for me, i couldnt deal without having it. I also owned a Htc Touch Pro that i tried out for about 6 days and sold it. Once you have a Blackberry nothing can literally compare to it. Yea the iPhone looks nice but thats about where it stops in my opinion. The 8900 is an amazing device and i havent found 1 person who disslikes it in any way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and some people love the iPhone, i just cant live without the good ol red blinking light!!
    05-06-09 06:07 PM
    What I'd like to know is how good or bad is the iPhone email experience. Besides making phone calls, I frequently use my BB Pearl to catch up with my personal email account via IMAP. Saves me a lot of time to take care of these emails while waiting in line etc. rather than leaving them til I get home. The iPhone has a very nice web browser, which would be my next favorite use for the phone after email. But if the email experience is cumbersome or slow/unreliable on the iPhone then I'd rather upgrade my Pearl 8100 to the BB 8900.
    email experience on the iphone is horrible specially cause it does not have push email unless you subscribe to mobileme. it has fetches for new email on time intervals of 15, 30 minutes if memory serves right, so you wont get your emails right away on your phone unless it matches when the phone is looking for new emails or you do it manually
    05-06-09 08:06 PM
    I switched back to BB after using a G1 and 8900 and I could not be happier. I had a 8100 before getting the G1 and iPhone and couldn't stand the thing because it was constantly crashing. Now on the other hand. the 8900 is like my dream BB. It does everything I could want it to do and more. It does everything I want WITHOUT having to jailbreak it (iPhone), or root it (G1). With the iPhone I could only use one app at a time and that gets very annyoying. With the 8900 I can be IMing someone with BeeJive IM, chatting it up on BBM, emailing, and browsing CB all at the same time without a hitch. The 8900 is the best BB made. No question to it. I love my 8900. Once you go Black you never go back. You will love the 8900. For the web browser, I recommend BOLT, I actually prefer it over the iPhone browser because of its speed. Also, soon a new browser called SkyFire is coming to BB and it will support Flash. It was voted best mobile browser at the Webbie Awards. I personally have never used the BB version, but I tried the Windows Mobile version at the T-Mobile Store and I was very impressed. It loaded hulu and YouTube faster than my laptop that has a 1.5Mbs DSL connection; and that was on EDGE! The apps on the iPhone might be cool, but they get boring fast. Also, when you use a BB you going the whole million strong CrackBerry community. The community was one of the main reasons I came back to BB after switching to other platforms. The push email is really great. Let me tell you something, I know a few people around here in the CB community that use their BB as their computer; they don't have a computer because they don't need or want one. That tells you alot about the phone If someone can use it as their main computer that tells you that it is very powerful and reliable. I'd like to hear about an iPhone user that doesn't own a computer. I doubt you'd be able to find one. You can also run any app you want on a BlackBerry, without having to mod anything. If you are not satisfied with the 8900, I would be shocked. You have to update the OS to have really good battery life though. The battery life with .114 (stock OS) is not very good, but if you don't want to update the OS, the 8900 is still a great phone out of the box. I also love that you can type on the 8900 without looking. I've only had my 8900 for about 3 weeks and I'm already touch typing on it. For example, I can watch TV and type a message on my BB at the same time. Example 2, I can be walking in a mall and type a message without walking into people or walls. As you can tell, I am obsessed with my 8900 and it is very hard for me to part with it any time I can't use my BB. I highly recommend this case. I reviewed the case here.Take my word for it, you will love the 8900. PM me if you have any other questions/concerns about using the 8900. Sorry if I repeated anything. Bottom line: Keep the 8900!
    (I gotta stop writing such long replies!)

EDIT: Let's not forget the great camera that the 8900 has along with autofocus. Also, the ability to so easily customize it to your liking.

wow nice testament lol
    05-06-09 08:08 PM
    wow nice testament lol
    Thanks!
    10char
    05-06-09 08:34 PM
    I currently have a G1 ADP 1.5 and the 8900 and a iPhone 3G, all running on T-Mo USA. I switch between all 3 so much, it is disgusting. The 8900 is the best every day phone, the G1 is sweet to play with because it's really interesting, and the iPhone is a great device obviously, like everyone has stated.

Although, I always find myself coming back to the 8900. Someone mentioned the multitasking ability being really useful, and I have to agree. The multitasking capabilities on this thing are unmatched. AND, I take a lot of pictures and upload to Flickr daily, so, the 3.2MP AF camera is to die for. No phone this powerful can match the camera (yes, all the Samsung 8MP phones are gay).
    05-06-09 08:59 PM
    In my opinion the Iphone is a toy and not really a comparison to a true smartphone.
    When considering the two that is what I found too. Everyone with an iphone had all kinds of games on it. People with BlackBerrys tended to need their phones more for work and email. I went with the 8900 and could not be happier.
    05-06-09 09:54 PM
    The 8900 is a Blackberry. Solid,reliable,smart. The iphone is a toy,very much like the Sidekick. Great for kids but no self-respecting adult would want one..... That simple

05-06-09 10:33 PM
197 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD