it's really funny how the first thing people have to say about the iPhone is there is no copy and paste.I've owned A iPhone for a year and a half and out of that time I've honestly have thought about having copy and paste 5 times if that.

I'm sure 98% of people don't even have use for it so it's really not a issue.
    I think it's just the convenience factor. Since phones have all this great technology nowadays, but why wouldn't it have something as simple as copy and paste?
    01-28-09 12:30 PM
    8900 and Ipod touch is my arsenal at the moment. And although I use the Ipod all the time I really don't dig the touch screen much. I prefer a tactile keyboard.
    01-28-09 12:50 PM
    I decided to stick with 8900. got it today in mail, and i must say...

WOW, it hurts my eyes to see the crystal clear lcd.

cheers!
    01-28-09 12:57 PM
    I think the Android browser will eventually trump the one in the iPhone.
    i 100% agree with you on this i am in love with the G1 browser thats why i can not get rid of it am switching between my 8900 and G1 i cant wait for flash to come on G1
    01-28-09 01:07 PM
    do what i did i bought the ipod touch so i can have access to their sweet browser and app market so i carry the 8900 and ipod touch when am not using the G1
    01-28-09 01:12 PM
    it's really funny how the first thing people have to say about the iPhone is there is no copy and paste.I've owned A iPhone for a year and a half and out of that time I've honestly have thought about having copy and paste 5 times if that.

personal preference. i use copy + paste almost every day. it's just a matter of what you look for in a phone and what you use the phone for.
    01-28-09 02:01 PM
    I am a dual owner of iPhone and BlackBerry, I frequent several forums and blogs concerning these phones. Its no secret that users and reviewers alike give the iPhone a bad mark for not having c & p, and I am one of them. I use copy and paste all the time. Apple needs to get c & p on the iPhone if it wants to take over the business world as it is currently trying to do. I'm curious how you managed to come up with this 98% of people conclusion??
    01-28-09 02:22 PM
    I too had toggled back and forth on if i should get the 8900 or an iPhone. I had already decided on the BB, but this thread confirmed my thoughts.
    I have a 1st gen iPod touch and i love it, but is is missing bluetooth, a speaker (1st gen) and yes Copy and Paste. I do have clippybeta, but it is still limited and Apple should have included it in the official release. All the fun stuff on an Iphone/iPod touch, you have to jailbreak to have.
    An iphone would only solve the problem of the speaker as the bluetooth is missing features. I also want GPS, and the 8900 wins that battle as well. So, i will get the 8900 as my first BB for more of the smart phone use and keep my iPod touch for the awesome web browser and personal fun time use.
    01-28-09 02:44 PM

Well I dont know about most people, but I use my copy and paste EVERYDAY, it is extremely convenient
    01-28-09 02:47 PM
    yeah, I couldn't bond with the touch screen on the iphone.
    I first used a bb 7520 for work, which lead me to my love of my curve 8900.

Im happy, no remourse at all.
    01-28-09 04:09 PM
    The two devices are actually quite diverse. The iPhone was developed, and is marketed as, a "stop-as-you-go" device that can perform many tasks... most of them being entertainment (Apple emphasizes entertainment the most in their marketing campaigns with the games, music, videos, etc). It's hard to get full use of all the iPhone features without using two hands: one to hold it, the other to navigate it.

The BlackBerry is well-known to be an "on-the-go phone" for managing the important things in one's life. The BlackBerry is very manageable, even with one hand. Just browse through its capabilities and functionality, it is clear that RIM put business and life management before entertainment.

It depends on what kind of person you are to decide which device fits your lifestyle. For me, the iPhone wasn't even a candidate... but everyone is different.
    01-28-09 04:24 PM
    Well I dont know about most people, but I use my copy and paste EVERYDAY, it is extremely convenient
    True! I use it a lot! And I am exceptionally grateful to have it. I was very surprised when I heard Apple hadn't even integrated it into their device.
    01-28-09 04:25 PM
    IMO the best combination is BB 8900 and iPod Touch - BB for phone and email, Touch for Internet (over Wi-Fi), games, music and videos.
    that's what I have, 8900 and 16gb iPod Touch. Sending emails and just general typing on it showed me that I would hate a touchscreen phone.
    01-28-09 04:30 PM
    I like the iPhone a lot, but there are many reasons I'm getting the 8900

Cost - T-Mobile is way cheaper than AT&T (for me) Maybe if my girlfriend had AT&T, I would get it, but I need T-Mo's myFaves

Keyboard - Typing on the touchscreen is ok IMO, but there are times when I just dread the thought of having to type on my iPod touch. I imagine everything is just so much easier with the physical keyboard

3rd party notifications - I like the idea that I can get Facebook notifications without having to open the app first, since Apple does not let apps run in the background

Size - I honestly hate hate hate how big the iPhone is. It's really the height of it that bugs me. Not to mention it's so rectangular it drives me nuts lol

One handed navigation - To use an iPhone, you need 2 free hands. Or you have to set it down on a table.

Battery life - Games KILL the battery. I would never want to have games on my phone just because the phone is essential to me and I'm not going to waste my battery playing games or listening to music (That's why I have the iPod touch lol)

All that being said, the iPhone is still a fantastic piece of hardware that gets **** on by fanboys everywhere
    01-28-09 04:44 PM

This are the reasons why I could never use a iphone. As I stated before, there is no copy paste out fo the box. I am a busines user so I DO USE IT on a daily basis. My corporate will only allow us to connect Blackberrys to the BES so that make the iphone also useless for me. Blackberrys are much easier to type on the go with one hand and just much faster altogether. Also, if my 4 year old Razr has MMS, why cant the iphone as well out of the box?

My wife does have the iphone and I do agree it a great device but its still no Blackberry. Kevin posted a nice article a while back "10 reasons why the iphone is no Blackberry. It was a nice article. http://crackberry.com/top-10-reasons...-no-blackberry
    Last edited by Garz; 01-28-09 at 05:52 PM.
    01-28-09 05:50 PM
    one main reason why i decide to use 8900 was that...

iPhone really LACKS on crackness. I got 8900 today, and oh yes, the effects of crack has begun. i need it everyday. **** of a crack. =)

anyways, kudos for BB!
    01-28-09 05:58 PM
    I'm an iPhone user since first to 3g...first time having a blackberry and I love it a lot..iphone gets a lot boring when u use it all the time and almost all my friends had it that I just got tired of it..I'd go for the 8900 I just love it period..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 06:08 AM
    Also an owner of both the iPhone and the 8900. IMO the iPhone has the potential to really be a good phone, but having to Jailbreak it to get standard off the shelf functionality OMG. Some of the new apps being released for the iPhone are sweet, but still require hacking it up to use. Who has the time to have to jailbreak and sometimes unlock an iPhone after every Apple Firmware update, geez!!
    On the other hand I charged the 8900 and away I went, cellular Bliss!

Things I missed while on the iPhone:

MMS (Still no native MMS support at 7 Firmware Revs. later.)
    C/P (Same as above)
    Robust Reliable Email (Some times Fetches the Email, mostly it doesn't)
    Quick texting (Just Launching the App on the iPhone takes a While)
    Multitasking (Multiple Simultaneous App Support)
    Texting Functionality (You can't forward, attach, etc... They just recently added Multi Recipient to texting. lol)

No T-mobile 3-G Support!! Just kidding..
    I'll keep it as my backup... Till I get another 8900 or a Storm
    03-11-09 06:58 AM
    well heres my cheap opinion...

the iphone is a fashion/expensive phone, and i see the blackberry more like a business phone, thanks to the price almost any one out there can get one now, even if only use the berry to send text msg, and download wallpapers.

dam i feel so cheap now.
    03-11-09 09:00 AM
    im also own both phones, but ever since i had my 8900, i havent gone back to the iphone. its actually collecting dust on my dresser right now.
    as a smartphone, the bb owns hands down. the only thing i really miss about the iphone is the big screen, but thats about it.

really, i only use my iphone when i go out to clubs because it snags me girls lol but i think it really lost its novelty since everyone and their mom has it now, so i have to find another way to bring girls home hahahaaa
    03-11-09 09:41 AM
    Loving the 8900, I have to agree that the i phone shouldn't really be considered a smartphone. The 8900 has a great balance of work and fun. That being said, I do use an i phone based theme design for the heck of it . Am I the only one still lugging around a PSP for multimedia?
    Last edited by xdoomsongx; 03-11-09 at 10:02 AM.
    03-11-09 09:58 AM
    They both are great phones. It depends on what you want: form (iphone) or function (BlackBerry).

There are a lot of great points in this thread, so I dont feel I have to repeat, but the 8900 has been dubbed as the iphone killer by the media. However, so have other phones - G1, Storm, Palm Pre. Nothing will trump the iphone, it's in its own world. The 8900 has created its own world and is gaining a great following in learing from the previous big BlackBerry phone releases (Storm and Bold).

It feels great in the hand, great OS, great memory, and good apps at this time. The apps will continue to get better and rival those available on the iphone.

I'm a CrackBerry and truly recommend giving the 8900 a shot and see how you feel. You need to be happy with your phone no matter what we all say here...

P.S. - I used to count on my PSP for multimedia before the 8900. Now, I hardly use my PSP since I can do all multimedia on my 8900. I guess I can use my PSP for gaming now, huh?
    Last edited by leo1037; 03-11-09 at 10:20 AM.
    03-11-09 10:13 AM
    Reason One: AT&T
    Reason Two: No MMS. Seriously, WTF.
    Reason The Third: No Cut & Paste or decent text editor.
    Reason The Forth: iTunes, while the best podcatcher for Windows, is still a pile of ****e.

I own an iPod Touch, 1st Gen. I love it. The brower still kicks Berry's *** in speed, rendering, and handling, etc
    The games are alot nicer, even the goofy accellerometer games.
    There are more fart applications for the iPhone.
    The iphone/touch play media alot better, even if it's less flexible.

Presently I have my 8900, for phone and actual internet applications. The itouch (which is only useful with wifi), for media, a few games, a kickass browser, and for tapping the screen whenever I feel a gas attack coming. An Aspire One for tethering and gibson hacking, and a cheap Sansa Clip for just listening to audiobooks and working out (the touch was too big, lol).

I guess it depends on what you use it more for. I was hoping the iphone would become the next Newton, but like the ipod before it, you sacrifice alot of functionality for a few, small things that work really, really well. On the Berry, the only thing I'hve had to sacrifice is my dignity when I mistype something and send a half-completed IM.
    03-11-09 10:36 AM
    I might drop the tOuch if someone can recommend a good video encoder setting and a podcatcher application.
    03-11-09 10:37 AM
    Am I the only one still lugging around a PSP for multimedia?
    When I was looking to get something for multimedia and some entertainment (which I'll admit sometimes can be lacking on a BB) I considered the PSP but those things aren't quite as pocketable as the iPod touch. I wouldn't go to the iPhone even though I thought I might want to from the first few weeks with the iPod. I just enjoy a lot of the native things the BB has. I don't think I should have to go through the process of jailbreaking and all of that just to get MMS, every phone I've had for the last 8 YEARS has been able to do picture messaging, why can't this supposed epitome of modern tech do it?

Anyone who says that the iPhones email is on the same level as a BB is lying. Let me see your .mil or college email on there. I have yet to see either of those on an iPhone. Between that and the speed in retrieval is not instant like the BB (which I've gotten messages on before in the online inbox shows it)
    03-11-09 10:42 AM
197 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD