Hi, I'm new on this forum and my T-Mobile G1 recently died, so my friend gave me his AT&T 8520. He gave it to me unlocked so my T-Mobile SIM works. My question is if I can convert the AT&T firmware to T-Mobile firmware. I want to add the BIS service to it, so is it just a matter of adjusting service books, or am I gonna have to do something else?
    05-07-10 09:08 AM
    Call up tmobile....when i had a chinese unlocked phone, they remotely sent me down all the settings needed for the phone, few reboots later and it was a tmo phone basically!
    05-07-10 09:13 AM
    Thank you for the quick reply... I'll call up T-Mobile now and I'll reply with the results... Once again, thanks for helping a crackberry newbie, lol
    05-07-10 09:38 AM
    Thank you for the quick reply... I'll call up T-Mobile now and I'll reply with the results... Once again, thanks for helping a crackberry newbie, lol
    Not a problem at all....i was a newbie (in some ways i still am) but you'll learn as you go.

Make sure you call from a phone other than the curve tho, that way the phone is not tied up for them to do that.
    05-07-10 09:59 AM
    I guess the only thing I'd lose is UMA, but i don't use that, so that shouldn't be a problem...
    05-07-10 11:58 AM
    ok, I'm happy to say I got my Curve up and running. As it turns out, it somehow managed to get the info OTA'ed on its own. I went ahead and flashed T-Mobile firmware on it to make it more T-Moblish... but once again, thanks for the help... Now to see what I could do with this Curve...
    05-08-10 03:11 AM
    ok, I'm happy to say I got my Curve up and running. As it turns out, it somehow managed to get the info OTA'ed on its own. I went ahead and flashed T-Mobile firmware on it to make it more T-Moblish... but once again, thanks for the help... Now to see what I could do with this Curve...
    Trust me if you use it right, there's almost nothing it can't do. Personally i use it to store my kroger/speedway cards and other cards (barcode appears on the screen) use it as a MAJOR texting device, my camera/camcorder, my portable digital photo frame, as a gaming device, a computer away from a computer, and i even use it in place of a portable DVD player, i have movies stored on my microSD card (screen is a lil small but still GREAT quality)

So, if used right, you will find that this is customizable inside and out!! Hope you have fun! PM me or BBM me if you have any questions!
    05-08-10 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD