Problem: BB contacts include needed records and (majority) not needed records. I've been told I can use the BB desktop manager to fix the problem. Not working at all for me. Only option there is syncing. I did manage to dump my Google contacts into my BB but that resulted in the majority of unneeded records...

I have outlook. I have google. I have a computer. I have a BB Curve 8520.

How can I get a "screen" in some software of all the contacts currently in my BB, clean up the list, and then get it back to my BB (without the old stuff being there)?

This should be simple, right?
    06-04-10 12:15 PM
    Problem: BB contacts include needed records and (majority) not needed records. I've been told I can use the BB desktop manager to fix the problem. Not working at all for me. Only option there is syncing. I did manage to dump my Google contacts into my BB but that resulted in the majority of unneeded records...

I have outlook. I have google. I have a computer. I have a BB Curve 8520.

How can I get a "screen" in some software of all the contacts currently in my BB, clean up the list, and then get it back to my BB (without the old stuff being there)?

This should be simple, right?
    1. Do a contact backup using DM. (Backup and Restore>Advanced>Choose Address Book, hit the << button, file>save as)

2. Use MagicBerry to open the backup file and edit contacts.

3. Do an Restore with DM to restore your contacts.
    06-04-10 12:27 PM
    robnhl

Got through step 1 with no problem.

On step 2, I have the contacts in view. How do I delete one? I only see options for: Export / Merge / Split.
    06-04-10 02:41 PM
    robnhl

Got through step 1 with no problem.

On step 2, I have the contacts in view. How do I delete one? I only see options for: Export / Merge / Split.
    Maybe I misread what you need. I thought you wanted to delete contacts from your device then edit the info stored in the remaining contacts from your PC. You could export the contacts to csv from Magic Berry and then import that to Outlook or gmail and do what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD