Ok, so I've had my 8900 for about a month now on AT&T and for some reason I lose the radio signal ALL the time. I get emails late & all my data cuts off & then I have to do a SIM card pull, etc.

Any suggestions?
    08-05-09 09:58 PM
    I'm not sure if there is anything we can do to help you... however, if it was me, I'd be calling AT&T and raising a storm (ha, ha, another Blackberry reference - sorry!!!)... you might have poor reception in your area... not sure. Keep an eye on your signal strength (how many bars - after all AT&T says they have 5 bars everywhere) and what network signal you are getting (i.e. EDGE, edge, GPRS, etc...), and report this to AT&T.

I've never heard of anyone doing a SIM card pull before, unless they have a bad SIM card... but in that case I'd recommend getting a new SIM card... I've never touched mine since the day I got my 8900.... battery pulls are another thing I'm sure we all do every week or two - or at least should be doing every week or two!!!

You might also want to see if resending your Service Books from your provider's website... see if that helps.
    08-06-09 06:21 AM
    It could also be a bad SIM card from at&t b/c I have at&t here in the Miami-Dade Cty Metro Area and I get 5 bars 'almost' all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 07:03 AM
    Ok, so I've had my 8900 for about a month now on AT&T and for some reason I lose the radio signal ALL the time. I get emails late & all my data cuts off & then I have to do a SIM card pull, etc.

Any suggestions?
    i have the same problem.... when i am in any building i loose signal, i called att and they give you aline of ****! pisses me off!

thinking about going to VERZION!
    08-06-09 07:58 AM
    This happened too me for a while when I had my storm... Try updating your OS...

08-06-09 08:18 AM
    Well some buildings will reduce the signal strength of the cell providers, all buildings do to some extent!

To the OP I would talk to you provider and see about getting a new SIM card, if the doesn't work it could be a defective phone.

Make sure you don't waste to much time and use up your 14 day remorse period, that is when you have the most leverage to get something done.

08-06-09 08:30 AM
    Make sure you don't waste to much time and use up your 14 day remorse period, that is when you have the most leverage to get something done.

ClintRo-according to OP has had for a month in his post-

Doc
    08-06-09 08:53 AM
    I dont like to read.... it hurts my brain....

LOL
    08-06-09 09:02 AM
    I dont like to read.... it hurts my brain....

LOL
    Lots of things hurt your brain...
    08-06-09 09:05 AM
    Yeah like your nasty comments.......

I am going to run away and cry now.....LOL
    08-06-09 09:09 AM
    I really can feel your pain!
    08-06-09 10:15 AM
    Lots of things hurt your brain...
    Yeah like your nasty comments.......

I am going to run away and cry now.....LOL
    LOL!!!!

@OP - I would try to get a new SIM card.
    08-06-09 10:41 AM
    Thanks for the help guys

I think it might be the SIM card.. I might have to get another. I think I've been using the same SIM for like 3 years, lol.
    08-06-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD