I have never had an issue updating a Blackberry in the past I have followed the instructions, and i am quite comfortable doing this upgrade,but this update has me stuck.

I am using BBM v5.0, and currently running .231 on the 8900, every time i go to tell it to update, it shows me 3 update options; the stock os, the current os and the .250 update. when i tick the check box, and click next it tells me "No update is required for your device".......WHAAAAA?!

Am i skipping a step?

Any help would be appreciated!

*Side note I have tried to do this on a win7 x64 and a win7 x86.
    Last edited by Zombierot; 09-28-09 at 04:16 AM.
    09-28-09 04:13 AM
    Did you delete all other os off the computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 10:20 AM
    Did you delete all other os off the computer?

Actually I don't know how to delete them.....how would I go about that?

09-28-09 10:37 AM
    Actually I don't know how to delete them.....how would I go about that?

First, you are loading BETA Software... that in itself you should be posting questions in the BlackBerry Native Apps forum since you trying to install a BETA Native app.
    09-28-09 10:53 AM
    Fatboy97,

Perhaps I am not following, I am NOT interested in upgrading to OS 5.0.x.XX (untill it is official for the 8900) All I want is the current 4.6.1.250 (official) OS for the 8900 to upgrade my current 4.6.1.231......I don't know what BETA you are talking about. If you are referring "v5.0" that I clearly sated was Blackberry Mgr, As far as I know that is also an official release of the desktop software. If I am missing something please advise, your post has me somewhat lost.
    09-28-09 11:32 AM
    Go to control panel and go to add remove programs. Delete the all other os from there.

09-28-09 11:35 AM
    Fatboy97,

Perhaps I am not following, I am NOT interested in upgrading to OS 5.0.x.XX (untill it is official for the 8900) All I want is the current 4.6.1.250 (official) OS for the 8900 to upgrade my current 4.6.1.231......I don't know what BETA you are talking about. If you are referring "v5.0" that I clearly sated was Blackberry Mgr, As far as I know that is also an official release of the desktop software. If I am missing something please advise, your post has me somewhat lost.
    No confusion on my part:

I am using BBM v5.0
    Using BBM v5.0 is why I thought you'd be better off asking your question in the other forum.
    09-28-09 11:41 AM
    LOL, Now i feel stupid. That was way to easy to be asking questions about HA!
    strange thing is, the only OS that i can uninstall is an old blackberry 8100 os, and the .250 that i just installed. Can i find the other os that pop up in a folder?
    thanks for the helpful response.
    09-28-09 11:43 AM
    No confusion on my part:

Using BBM v5.0 is why I thought you'd be better off asking your question in the other forum.

I should mention, I am having the same issue with a downgrade to BBM 4.7. im thinking to try to download yet another downgrade.(BBM 4.5 perhaps)

I will indeed take a look at the forum you are suggesting, after the 3 hours of NOTHING working last night I'm going to check all my avenues.
    09-28-09 11:47 AM
    I should mention, I am having the same issue with a downgrade to BBM 4.7. im thinking to try to download yet another downgrade.(BBM 4.5 perhaps)

I will indeed take a look at the forum you are suggesting, after the 3 hours of NOTHING working last night I'm going to check all my avenues.
    Why not use the BBM that comes with your OS??? I would recommend it since there have been a number of problems with people using BETA Software... even BETA Native application upgrades.
    09-28-09 11:54 AM
    Plug your BB into your computer, double click on the .250 OS you downloaded, delete the vendor file then click on the load file.
    09-28-09 12:32 PM
    I GOT IT!!.......

I downgraded BBM to 4.5 (below what came on the supplied disk) re-installed the .250 OS, and VIOLA! automatically updated the phone once i started BBM.
    09-28-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD