As I've been searching these threads, I find that some people are upgrading their OS using 4.6 with Media Manager whereas others are using 4.6 without Media Manager. I guess I'm just not sure what problems people are having with Media Manager.

I want to do an upgrade to v.133 on a 8900 straight out of the box. Which version of DM 4.6 would be better to use for a phone that has nothing installed on it? How important is the Media Manager?
    03-01-09 03:14 PM
    I use DM without media manager because with media manager it slows down my computer quite a bit and people on here has experience it also. I feel though media manager is not important so u can upgrade to .133 either way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 03:24 PM
    DM 4.6 without media manager is the one to have...
    03-01-09 03:25 PM
    You don't need Media Manager most of the time. For the few times you do, here are some alternatives:
    AUDIO
    use MP3 format and get Audacity: Windows and Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?

PICTURES
    Get Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer which will resize any/all your pics for the BlackBerry

VIDEOS
    Get Blackberry Video Converter from Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter
    03-01-09 04:32 PM
    Personally, I like having Media Manager to move Ringtone, Background Images and a couple things here and there onto or off my BB... naturally you can move these on and off your media card with out Media Manager, and JeffH explained other options, but I find it easier to just download the one with Media Manager.... I just make sure Media Manager does not scan my PC's harddrive.
    03-01-09 05:26 PM
    I found Roxio programs to be junk in the past so I don't use any of their products, I find it much easier just to use the mass storage option and load on or off whatever u wwant off ur mediacard

03-01-09 05:34 PM
    You don't need Media Manager most of the time. For the few times you do, here are some alternatives:
    AUDIO
    use MP3 format and get Audacity: Windows and Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?

PICTURES
    Get Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer which will resize any/all your pics for the BlackBerry

VIDEOS
    Get Blackberry Video Converter from Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter
    This is very informative...thank you!
    03-01-09 06:50 PM
    I also prefer not to use the Media Manager.

Thanks Jeff for posting those great links!
    03-01-09 07:02 PM
    Big thanks to jeff, media manager slows my pc down way too much. I hardly need to convert, but when I do these will come in handy

03-01-09 07:35 PM
    Fellow Moderator Pete6 originally shared that list with me, so any credit goes to him. Glad it helped. I mostly use my card for storage, and much prefer Mass Storage Mode.
    03-01-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD