Wall charger charges it. Auto charger sometimes works (could be the charger). Computer USB charges it. Computer (Desktop Manager) does not recognize it. Windows doesnt recognize it (Device Manager/USB controllers).

I have another identical 8350i 2 months older that works perfectly. Every computer Ive plugged it into recognizes it.

The question is then, with the first phone, is the problem software or hardware?
    Ive done the battery pull and Ive proven the computers and cables all work. What to try next, besides a replacement phone? I fear that because the usb cant sync to a computer, there is no way to backup the contacts and data on the phone. This is my girlfriends phone, and I'm %90 sure the latest backup is old.
    06-15-09 10:55 PM
    I'm having the same issue. A little help would be awesome. The only thing I saw was someone (maybe on another forum) had said something about reinstalling the usb driver? I'm gonna try mine on another computer when I get my laptop back from the shop and see if it will read on that one. Any resolve to this issue? Just noticed it's an aold post.
    07-29-09 05:23 PM
    try a different port....

will it charge?
    07-29-09 05:47 PM
    Make sure that in DM you are choosing your PIN#. Having more than one berry to a pc sometimes makes the dm draw a blank?!? Then yeah there is also the uninstall drivers and just plug it back in after a hard drive reboot to get it back from the internet through windows method.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 06:01 PM
    It's really weird, I tried all that stuff. DM doesn't even read it, it charges and shows up as a flash drive, but DM doesn't even see that it's hooked up. Got it on my other computer now, just got my laptop up and running and sure enough it works just fine. That other computer is in need of a repair anyway, but I guess this is a semi-common problem, I've seen a few posts about it here and other forums. Just curious as to what the real cause of it is, or if it's just random.
    07-30-09 10:46 PM
    sometimes if your hooked up through a hub your comp wont see the BB.... and if you hook up through the front USB that is considered a hub on most computers
    07-30-09 11:27 PM
    I'm having the same issue. its really annoying and sprint is just clueless on it. i don't want another phone...mine works fine. i want to back my data up!! any help on this would be beyond great!!
    When i hook mine up, it starts the clock as if it were charging then it goes away, it doesn't read it in the dm, no pin shows up, it doesn't even show up as a flash drive...pls help!!!
    Last edited by BlackWerks; 08-03-09 at 12:51 PM.
    08-03-09 12:48 PM
    Try a different computer and/or cable. Another possibility is that is has a bad port.
    08-03-09 12:59 PM
    I was having this issue (1 phone, 1 PC) and I figured out I needed to "eject" the phone using the icon in my start bar tray. OR, try removing the data cable, restart the computer, then plug the cable in, then plug the phone in.
    08-03-09 01:46 PM
    Try a different computer and/or cable. Another possibility is that is has a bad port.
    Nah its not the port or the cable. its charges fine on the wall charger and the cable works fine with my usb hard drive.
    08-03-09 02:39 PM
    try checking under "My Computer" to see if it sees it under "devices and removable storage"
    08-03-09 03:19 PM
    sometimes if your hooked up through a hub your comp wont see the BB.... and if you hook up through the front USB that is considered a hub on most computers
    i'm on a laptop i have 3 usb 2.0. none of them read it.
    08-03-09 07:04 PM
    3 words, master radio reset. Fixed mine, worth a shot anyway.... There's howtos on this forum how to do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:10 PM
    i have a tmobile curve was having probs with mine when I hooked it up to the comp. I had to uninstall all BB software and re install file was corrupt.
    08-03-09 09:14 PM
    Have you guys tried un/reinstall DM
    re install the drivers
    thats what i would try a complete reinstall of the software
    08-04-09 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD