THe computer must be connected to the internet to initially configure synchronizations settings. Please insure that you are able to connect to the internet and retry..................

Ok. I click retry, and same message. Over and over and over. I am connected to the net. I can check for updates, go to websites, etc, etc, etc. I can use media manager, add programs. I just cannot synchronize due to this error. Anyone have to deal with this??? It is driving me nuts
    07-19-08 08:15 PM
    Sounds like a pc firewall issue.

You may to change a permission.
    07-19-08 08:22 PM
    What application are you trying too use?

If it is DTM, the ony reason it would need the 'net is to check for updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 08:32 PM
    Reed. I am trying to use DM 4.5. The "Check For Updates' has no prob logging in. It gives me this weird error as soon as I click to synchronize that I am not connected to the internet and it gives me a retry or cancel button. I have installed, uninstalled reinstalled, disabled firewalls, etc. Now the damn thing wont even find my Curve. I am ready to jump. I have about 250 contacts and i def cant put them in manually, lol
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-06-08 at 12:26 PM. Reason: minor correction. ;)
    07-20-08 01:07 PM
    When you installed DM did you select Integrate With Work
    Email or Personal Email?
    07-20-08 01:14 PM
    Amazing,

I did it to Personal Email
    07-20-08 02:41 PM
    I think maybe you should un-install the DM and then re-install it. Then try again. Something may have got corrupted during the original download.
    07-20-08 03:07 PM
    Yeah, I have tried that 3 times. Getting kind of frustrated with it, lol
    07-20-08 03:31 PM
    I was hoping someone had a fix for this. This seems to be a simple thing to fix, but not sure how to do it.
    08-11-08 09:55 AM
    I don't have internet and I had this issue as well with 4.5. Said I needed internet to initially sync. I uninstalled 4.5 and went back to DM 4.2 which works fine.
    08-11-08 11:07 AM
    I have 4.3 on the Curve and I'm not sure about DM...whatever came w/Verizon's bundle. I had the same exact issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled. No issues! I sync w/Outlook 2003.

I may have checked the wrong box or radio button during initial installation. I only have BIS for personal use.. no BES.

When in doubt, reinstall!
    08-11-08 12:51 PM
    THe computer must be connected to the internet to initially configure synchronizations settings. Please insure that you are able to connect to the internet and retry..................

Ok. I click retry, and same message. Over and over and over. I am connected to the net. I can check for updates, go to websites, etc, etc, etc. I can use media manager, add programs. I just cannot synchronize due to this error. Anyone have to deal with this??? It is driving me nuts
    Had exact same problem with 4.5. Works perfect on 2 laptops but not on desktop computer. Finally tried DM 4.2 and worked first time

08-11-08 05:51 PM
    I had the same problem with DM 4.5. I turned off the McAfee firewall and the desktop app was then able to get to the internet and completed the setup.
    10-06-08 11:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Thank you for taking the time to post the fix, I am sure this question will come up again.
    10-06-08 12:26 PM
    I have the same error with v5 of the software -- wow -- with all of the upgrades since I'm surprised version 5 still has this error!

I have two tours -- one that syncs with a Windows 7 computer and one with a windows xp computer. On the windows 7 computer, I didn't have to do anything to the Comodo firewall to get it to work. It seemed that the firewall had no problems with the software. On the windows xp computer, I disabled it and it still didn't work. It's buggy software, which is unfortunate.

I don't know what extra steps to take ...
    09-06-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD