Hello all,

I've just got myself a new Blackberry 8520 curve on my new internet Orange plan.

I love it already! But i need a few pointers, and if they're any of you knowledgeable people out there, i could do with your help.

What are the best apps to get? Are there any updates I need? Are there any must dos/donts?

Thank you!!

Nick
    02-22-10 05:15 AM
    Weldome to the world of BlackBerry and CrackBerry. By joining up here, you're already fueling your addiction tenfold.

My first bit of advice is check out your devices forum. I'm mobile so I can't link you, but it's pretty easy to find. Check there to see what kind of possible issues / fixes people have, general device advice, and what's the newest official OS / leaked OS / hybrid OS is available.

Some handy apps right off the bat (best of all they're free!) are Opera Mini Beta 2, which you can get from going to m.opera.com from your phone, Facebook (if you're into that), and the CrackBerry / Mobihand app store app. There you can find a lot of free and paid apps available that may suit your particular Blackberry needs.

The only do's I can offer is read as much as possible, you'll learn a LOT on this forum by reading through threads. The only don't is don't put down your BB!

Again welcome, and feel free to PM me if you need any more help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 05:38 AM
    Thanks for the reply glitchzero. :-)

Opera is downloading as we speak. I'll be having a look at the 8520 forum in the course of the day for any tips.

Cheers!!
    02-22-10 05:48 AM
    BlackBerry 101: How To Lecture Series

How to Guide

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 07:11 AM
    Welcome!
    Hi Nicko, I only got my 8520 recently too and I love it! I still don't think I've worked it all out, but it's neat working it out!
    02-22-10 07:18 AM
    Hi Angeleyez,

Yeah it's a bit more complex than your usual mobile phone. Which is sweet coz i love playing around with it all day!

What apps have you downloaded? Also, if you dont mind me asking, what o2 plan did you go for?

Cheers,

PS thanks for all the help guys! an awesome community you've got here!
    02-24-10 03:59 AM
    A few useful pointers:

Get used to closing apps as you finish using them with the menu. Some apps go background instead of closing, draining your battery.

If you're not over WiFi, turn it off. Not using Bluetooth? Then off with it.

When on WiFi, set browser to HotsPot Browser to take full advantage of WiFi.

Some apps:

AppWorld
    Google Sync
    Google Maps
    SmrtGuard
    ColorID
    BeBuzz Free
    File Scout
    BOLT Browser
    SugarSync
    Paypal
    Mobile Data Alerter

I'll post some useful links later.

Welcome, been a while since a 8520 use came alone.
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-24-10 at 12:29 PM.
    02-24-10 08:49 AM
    Welcome to the addiction! Nice to see another 8520 person! There arent many of us here witrh all the 8530'ers.

My advice is the same I got when I started here. Read everything you can on your device, your carrier and any thing you want to add to or change about your berry. Play with it. Add themes and apps, just do your homework first. These are great things we own. Have fun with them. And just try to put it down. It's called crackberry for a reason.
    02-24-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD