Ok so if you want a true review you go to the experts...so here I am. I'm with Sprint and tired of my dumbphone. I was thinking of getting the Palm Pre but not sure about a brand spankin' new device and OS. So I'm considering the Blackberry 8330 (on sale for $49!) or holding out for the HTC Touch Pro 2. If you have had either of these two phones could you please compare and contrast them? Why did you like them? Was there something one could do that the other couldn't? Was there a really cool feature one had that the other didn't? Any reviews you can give me would be helpful. Thanks!
    06-12-09 03:45 PM
    The descision needs to be yours in my opinion. You have to look at both devices and see which one meets your needs.
    06-12-09 03:49 PM
    Hubby has a HTC TP and I like the big screen and that it pulls up full web screens. Does the Curve 8330 do that? I know the screen is smaller but is it a full web experience?
    06-12-09 03:58 PM
    It's good on mobile sites.
    06-12-09 04:02 PM
    Ok so if you want a true review you go to the experts...so here I am. I'm with Sprint and tired of my dumbphone. I was thinking of getting the Palm Pre but not sure about a brand spankin' new device and OS. So I'm considering the Blackberry 8330 (on sale for $49!) or holding out for the HTC Touch Pro 2. If you have had either of these two phones could you please compare and contrast them? Why did you like them? Was there something one could do that the other couldn't? Was there a really cool feature one had that the other didn't? Any reviews you can give me would be helpful. Thanks!
    Really not even fair to compare the two. The Touch Pro 2 hasn't even released, the Curve has been around for years. Of course the TP2 features are superior to the Curve. The best thing would be to compare the TP2 to a future Sprint BB. But if you are anxious to get a phone, like today today, the Pre is a great phone.
    06-12-09 06:03 PM
    Where to begin...I'm in a similar dilemma right now. I currently have both the VZW Touch Pro and the BB8330 Curve. I am trying to decide on which one to keep. They both have good and bad points.

I love the screen and Touch Flo 3D of the Pro, I love the built in weather app, ease of installing .cab files for customizing, the qwerty keyboard with dedicated row of numbers and big keys, playing full movies and many other features. And, I love the apps I can get for winmo.

However, the 8330 is much better at handling emails, has a stiffer feeling, albeit much smaller keyboard, and does not need to be restarted daily to avoid freezes. It uses a standard 3.5 headphone jack where the Pro requires a clumsy adapter to convert from mini-usb, although I think sound quality from the Pro is better. The 8330 also has much better battery life and there is one more thing. It is MUCH better at just being a phone with good reception. My biggest complaint about the Pro was it just sucked as a phone.

I love both devices, so...I didn't really help the OP, did I?
    06-13-09 03:01 PM
    I have a curve now and am SO getting the tp2 when it comes out on verizon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 03:08 PM
    I had the Touch Pro for a few months and was sooooo happy to get rid of it. The keyboard broke on all 4 replacements I got and is happening to tons of people with the phone.

The good about the Touch Pro:
    Great screen
    Full web browser
    Easily Customized
    Most apps are free
    Custom Operating systems
    Full keyboard without having to hit "alt" to use numbers and symbols
    Easy to create themes
    Threaded text messaging

The bad about the Touch Pro:
    HORRIBLE battery life (8 hours tops on moderate use)
    Terrible reception and signal strength
    Hardware failures
    Constant freezes
    Terrible sound quality during calls, especially the speaker phone
    Camera quality is unstable
    GPS Lag
    Way too many pocket dials even when phone is locked
    Incoming call lag due to the HTC dialer. Most times the phones rings once and goes to voicemail.

The good about the curve:
    Extremely stable OS.
    Excellent battery for a smartphone
    Great reception
    GPS is exact
    Excellent sound especially on speakerphone
    Tons of apps
    Above average camera
    Excellent media player
    Email is second to none

The bad about the curve:
    Cant customize the OS
    Difficult to create themes
    Apps arent free (most of the good ones at least)
    No threaded text messaging (biggest letdown for me by far)
    06-13-09 04:47 PM
    I liked my Touch Diamond a lot...But the Curve is much more reliable....Touch Diamond was damn fun though
    06-13-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD