My phone was working perfectly but SMS and everything was not working. SO I went ahead and installed the combined3 file. Everything was working fine except for some lag on the phone. While im receiving a text a few minutes later my keyboard stops working and even the volume button and the mute button and everything locks up and stops working. I can scroll through the icons on the main menu with the slider ball but that is the only thing i can do. I cant even select with the slider. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem? This is very weird. I can't even answer calls.
    08-14-09 08:12 AM
    pull your battery for 5 minutes
    08-14-09 08:27 AM
    ok so I figured it out after reading what people with the same problem had to say. I somehow have water damage. I went and purhcased the T6 screw driver from the store and took the phone apart then used a blow dryer. Still no luck. My wheel moves, so things scroll. Beside that none of my keyboard keys work nor do my outer keys.I read in someones post to leave it in a dry place for up to 12 hours so I'm going to try that wish the housing removed. Wish me luck
    08-14-09 01:58 PM
    whats the chances of my keyboard working again? I have no warranty. Should I start looking for a new phone or?
    08-14-09 02:24 PM
    if it does have water damage.... put it in a covered bowl of uncooked rice for 24 hours. it does work. if that does not work, then yes start looking for a new one, and add the ins to your plan!!!
    08-14-09 02:46 PM
    +1 to caspers idea...that stuff works
    08-14-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD