When I change this setting to separate, all of my text messages and emails disappear, what gives?

I want my emails in one box and my txt msg in another...how do I do this?
    10-05-08 12:21 AM
    in the "messages" folder, hit menu, then options, general options. make sure the setting for "SMS and Email Inboxes" is set to "separate." now there should be an SMS folder and an email folder. go to the application screen (the one with all your icons). if they aren't all there, hit "menu" and "show all". maybe one of the accidentally got hidden. once you find them, you can move them to the top. the first five icons on your application screen will be the ones on your home screen (if you have a theme that has this...i believe it's the 'zen' themes that do it).

-randy
    10-05-08 12:45 AM
    I already did what you said. I have the messages folder and the email folder. What I'm saying is, once I choose "separate" all the messages currently in EACH folder are gone. Completely.
    10-05-08 12:49 AM
    Separating SMS and Email inboxes created an inbox for each SMS only and email only. If they are blank, there is another problem.
    10-05-08 12:52 AM
    Ok, you were right, it was hidden. Darn I hate getting used to new phones
    10-05-08 12:54 AM
    I'm not sure of the reason your messages disapears when you chose seperate. Maybe you should save the ones you want to keep in the saved messages folder. From this point on your texts should be in the text folder and your emails in their folder.

Now if find that you are losing messages, you might need to take a look at your memory management strategy. First, check your file free number -- options-status. You want to have at least 12mb. If this number is lower than that, you should do a reset: press alt-right shift-delete. Then while your browser is open, press menu-click options-click cache operations-select clear browser cache.
    Then go to this link and follow the directions to increase your file free memory:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD