I don't know if this has been asked before, but I seem to have trouble getting emails from my college email account. It works amazingly with my Gmail account, but I can't seem to get my .edu email to work. Anyone know what's wrong?

Are there any settings that I need to be aware of? I know that POP & IMAP are enabled already.
    04-22-09 05:20 PM
    There shouldn't be. I have my University of Guelph email working with no problems. Try again, if not then contact your school's computing / IT help desk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 06:26 PM
    Same with me, I simply put my .edu account in from the start up of my device and all has been working fine ever since. I agree with Speedv1 and think you should either contact your IT department or try and find someone else from your class or something that has a blackberry and see what they have done to configure email.
    04-22-09 06:36 PM
    I had problems with my edu account. What I did was foward the edu to my yahhoo and had my yahoo pushed to my BB
    04-22-09 06:50 PM
    Thanks guys I think I figured out the problem. I'm using Google Apps for my .edu email so I think that has something to do with it.

Anyone got any solutions?
    04-22-09 06:54 PM
    Just set up your .edu account through BIS. The BB should automatically detect settings for it like the sever and all those port numbers.
    Then you should be getting college email pushed to your BB.
    I did this with mine and my email works ok.

If you're still having trouble, go to IT. They prob get questions like this a lot.

04-22-09 07:15 PM
    I had this same problem with my college email . I had to go to t-mobile.com then from there u can add email accounts to your phone. This is the only thing that worked for me.

04-23-09 09:42 AM
    i had a emailin prob as well i had to "validate" my .edu email via the college's website it works fine now
    04-23-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD