So just in the last few days, my clock on my 8330 (sprint) has stopped keeping time. It will be fine and I'll look at my phone a lil later and the time is frozen in the past.

Its been in several cities so I know its not a tower thing. I can fix it w a battery pull. But I'm not about to batt pull every few hours.

Help!!!

Kev

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 07:10 PM
    WOw, Ive never heard that., did you call sprint?
    11-08-08 07:12 PM
    Make sure time is set to network time.

11-08-08 07:13 PM
    Checked. It is set to network time.

Haven't called sprint yet. Will do if it doesn't work by monday :/

If anyone else has suggestions let's hear them

11-08-08 08:51 PM
    Please do post some suggestions. My friend has a company 8330, and his time was off. I checked his settings, it's set to network, but the time on the berry is like 6 minutes off. I'll have him try a battery pull. If it fixes it, I'll post back here.
    11-08-08 09:00 PM
    Kevin8503 and sprint8330, this suggestion applies to you both. Check to see if your Desktop Manager option to sync your device time to your PC time is enabled. That could be causing your time to be wrong after a sync, although it doesn't explain why Kevin's clock stops.
    11-08-08 09:04 PM
    It really is funny. Cause when I go under options / date time - it is set to network time, and the time listed is the correct time. Its the clock on the main screen that seems to freeze randomly. My texts that still come through have the correct time. For whatever reason, the screen clock just randomly freezes...

11-08-08 10:19 PM
    What theme are you using? Have you changed themes lately? Can you identify anything else that's going on when the screen clock stops updating?
    11-08-08 10:24 PM
    Nope. Same theme. Nothing else is wrong. The clock will be working fine and ill go to do something and ill notice that it stopped keeping up with time real time. Its not "slow", as in losing minutes. Just frozen.

11-08-08 10:43 PM
    I can't think of any more questions to ask. If Sprint Customer Service solves the problem for you Monday, please post the solution here. I want to know what it was.
    11-08-08 10:48 PM
    Definately will do

11-08-08 10:53 PM
    O.K. - So this is what all went down..

Called Sprint Tech Support. They had no freakin' clue. They kept telling me to make sure that my Date/Time was set to the network (which it was - I tried both Sprint and Blackberry networks), and had me do a few battery pulls. I was like comon guys, been here done this.

So I said thanks and I took it back to the store where I got it. They were baffled. The googled it (yes literally GOOGLED) right in front of me. They couldn't figure it out either. So they just swapped me a new one and called it a defective unit.

So in summary...

1) YAY for new unit (although getting Sprint to activate it properly was another six hour adventure in itself... )
    2) BOO for Sprint not knowing what they heck they were doing (googling in front of the customer was kinda not the best customer service option in my opinion. Makes you question their knowledge)
    3) YAY for being able to post on CB again via my berry

Sorry I couldn't have a better answer for you all. I was baffled too. The mystery continues!!

Kev
    11-09-08 08:59 PM
    In the tech world we will use what ever resource we need. maybe they will find something others miss. I have used google, Crackberry, internal resources, etc. Doing this in front of customer is not always a bad idea, as maybe next time they might try this themself and find the resolution. In the long run if they do, they can save themselves alot of time.
    11-09-08 09:06 PM
    Oh believe me. I googled the heck out of it. And as you can see I came here as well
    11-09-08 09:10 PM
    I never said they were good But cannot knock them for trying. I even RIM's tech data base at times
    11-09-08 09:14 PM
    I'm glad you got a new phone. I would have been very surprised if Sprint Tech Support had found a software setting solution to your problem, simply because we had tried all those already. I can't really fault them for not knowing the answer when the collective insight of the Crackberry Forum couldn't come up with anything either.
    11-09-08 09:20 PM
    Haha touche!

A big thanks to everyone who stopped by and read and/or tried to help. I love this site. A always learn something new every time I surf on

Kev
    11-09-08 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD