Okay so the H1N1 virus has made some ppl ill at my college and I'm worried. I don't want to get sick. I'm taking care to clean (my dorm doorknob, hands, table surfaces, etc) but I also know that your phone can be quite dirty as well (think about it, you touch ppl/things, and then type on your BB...)

I'm no germaphobe by any means so I'm totally new to this...how do I clean in between the keys on my 8900? I was thinking a Q-tip but what liquid? I'd love to have your advice because I don't want to kill my BB with a bad cleaning agent...

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 11:05 AM
    Before using anything make sure you turn the phone off. I work in electronics and we use alcohol and D.I. water. For your purpose I would TURN THE PHONE OFF then use a Q-tip lightly dipped in isopropyl alcohol. Alcohol dissipates quickly so wait 10-15 minutes for it to completely clear then turn phone on. You should be all set.
    09-16-09 11:09 AM
    Just wash your hands Dont put your hands in your mouth or eyes until you wash them, that is all you need to do.
    09-16-09 11:27 AM
    Okay, I was thinking of using alcohol but I wanted to make sure that it will be safe for my phone.

Thanks for the advice! I'll do it this weekend perhaps when I have a little more time!
    09-16-09 11:28 AM
    Just wash your hands Dont put your hands in your mouth or eyes until you wash them, that is all you need to do.
    I've already been doing that but I'd like to do a little more to prevent myself from getting the flu...at least until the vaccine gets out here...then I'm going to get that.

College kids can be quite unhygenic/stupid when it comes to germs/cleaning up after yourself and I use my phone ALL the time everywhere so if that's clean most of the time (as well as my hands) I'll be good.
    09-16-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD