hey everyone i jus got my new 8300 and i must say i'm lovin it, yet OVERWHELMED. i have been reading the posts about upgrading to a newer OS and my question is this....if i were to upgrade to the newest OS would i need to get a cingular/at&t OS? where would i get it? and after it is upgraded would my phone pretty much be the same to use with cingular? sorry for all the questions i'm jus confused
    10-02-07 02:47 PM
    People that are comfortable upgrading and want the latest OS will upgrade with no problems, do a search for upgrade OS and you'll see how it's done. As far as running only AT&T OS, that's no required. As long as it's for the same device then you can run whatever OS you feel comfortable running.

Only upgrade if you see new features that you want or want to see if the newest OS will fix a problem that you have. Most releases will be posted here and what it fixes or doesn't fix.
    10-02-07 03:03 PM
    cool thank you very much for the information. i know this has probably been addressed already but where would i get the OS from? i always see different places to get it from.
    10-02-07 11:08 PM
    press the "back" button on your computer and check the sticky at the top of the list...
    10-03-07 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD