I JUST got my blackberry last night, and I got it from Ebay...it's the Curve 8330 and it's silver/black. With my last phone I charged it too much and it shut off a lot. I let this one die and it was saying "Battery Drained. Shutting off handset device." and so I ignored it because I was out nd getting a car charger. I bought a car charger and the light would stay on untill I plugged it into the phone, and than it would go black and nothing would happen. I got home and plugged it into the wall and usb port, both didn't do anything. After a few times of me pressing the power button, the screen is completely off and wont turn on at all. I'm letting it sit but the light goes red than off, and will light up at random times. I don't wanna have to keep going through phones and I am deathly afraid that my battery is messed up. Can anyone help me with ideas as to what I should do?
    08-03-10 05:57 PM
    The batteries in a bb can and should be charged as often as possible. The worst thing you can do to a bb battery is drain it completely. Plug it in and leave it alone for an hour. Let it fully charge and you should be good to go. It takes awhile to get them back up and running after a complete drain.
    Oh yeah, like your screen name!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 06:00 PM
    haha thanks. so you're sure its charging right now even though no lights are on? im just scared itll be f'd up
    08-03-10 06:13 PM
    No lights? Mine only come on when it's turned off. Yours may actually be on. Good luck cbjb!

08-03-10 06:22 PM
    it didn't work...i left it plugged in for 3 hrs and it didnt work..i licked the battery too and it didnt shock me. sooo idk HELP
    08-03-10 08:17 PM
    Sounds like your battery may be toast. I wouldn't worry too much if it was working before the battery went. Matter of fact check the Crackberry Accessory store. I think there are batteries here you can purchase.

08-03-10 08:52 PM
    I'd stop licking those batteries... I don't think that's legal.

Sounds like a new battery ought to get you back up an running.
    08-04-10 07:12 AM
    Something similiar happened to me. i just bought a new battery and new chargers off of ebay. like 10$
    08-04-10 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD