So i was at an electronics store today and was looking to buy a wall charger (since I misplaced the stock one) and they were sold out of the blackberry ones, but he said that the motorola charger would also work. He also said that all the phones in the store were being charged by motorola and not by their respective companies.

So what I want to ask is that, is it fine to charge a blackberry with a motorola charger?
    09-09-09 05:02 PM
    I use a motorola car charger for my bb and while on vacation I generally use the charger for my wifes razor(we usually only take 1 charger on vacation with us). So yes you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 05:05 PM
    I also use my Motorola charger....as a matter of fact i just bought a car charger last weekend at Walmart and right on the packaging it said 'For Motorola and Blackberry' and it listed the models and the Curve was one of them....so you should feel safe with that
    09-09-09 06:30 PM
    i've used multiple branded and some no-name chargers. i found that as long as it fits the mini usb port, it charges and its fine. never had a problem. car chargers, wall chargers, all the same.
    09-09-09 06:35 PM
    sweet thanks a lot!

Just bought a Motorola charger and it seems to do that job!
    09-09-09 09:49 PM
    The motorola charger from my old RAZR is the correct size for the charging port, but comparing the specs on it to the bb charger, they are slightly different. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but I only use it when I have no other choice.

09-09-09 09:56 PM
    I would advise only using authorized BB chargers!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-09-09 10:01 PM
    You are safe doing so. The limits for charging range from 100ma on USB to the safety limit of, 1300ma?, I think is the correct number, for speed charging. Most auto chargers use 250ma, and Motos usually 550 or 650 that I've seen. So you're good to go. The BB charger would be a little faster with its 700ma charge rate, but most all of them will get the job done, eventually.

09-09-09 10:02 PM
    And FYI (not that anyone REALLY cares) you cannot do the reverse and charge a Motorola phone with a BlackBerry charger.
    09-09-09 10:04 PM
    don't worry folks. I have used Motorola chargers, Blackberry chargers, and I've even used a USB cable and an iPod power adapter and they all worked like a charm. Just remember that as long as it is a mini-usb tip then you'll be fine.

09-09-09 10:10 PM
    And FYI (not that anyone REALLY cares) you cannot do the reverse and charge a Motorola phone with a BlackBerry charger.
    Yeah, I tried it a few years ago with my Pearl. Anyway, my wife and use my old Moto Razr chargers all the time.
    09-09-09 10:11 PM
    Used the motorola charger on several trips. Have not had a problem with my last two blackberry's!! You'll be fine.
    09-09-09 10:30 PM
    Oh, I should mention that I have been using my Moto Bluetooth headset charger for the last 2 months after my truck charger died. Works fine.

09-09-09 10:36 PM
    I had a razor charger and it didn't ALWAYS work don't know why it seemed to fit but if I was say using it as an alarm for an important meetings I would use a bb charger. Oh if they are so interchangeable why won't the reverse work. Just curious

09-09-09 10:52 PM
    The Moto probably has a preset ma limit to make you use the proprietary charger. BB limits the top end for safety, but will accept many levels of charging.

Hence, another reason to call it a smartphone.

09-09-09 11:33 PM
    I use my old Razr car charger on a regular basis for the BB. On a side note, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit remembering the Razr.
    09-09-09 11:38 PM
    Two comments:
    1) my BB charger would not charge my wife's RAZR but her Moto charger would charge my Curve -- ???

2) on another thread it was stated that car chargers should not be used as the regular, daily charge method. It is best to use the wall charger or desktop charge pod. The reason had to do w/ how the lithium-ion battery is "smarter", better regulated or something.

3)YMMV

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/us...r-tour-311796/
    Last edited by longshot; 09-10-09 at 12:09 AM. Reason: adding other forum info link
    09-09-09 11:58 PM
    Yeah, like everyone else has said, my sister and I switched chargers all the time. However, I think that maybe the pins are different on the inside? Not sure, but after I used her Motorola one for awhile, I got a new phone and tried using my blackberry one to charge my old phone, and I couldn't get it to work despite the Motorola one working fine. So I don't know if I would make it common practice.
    09-10-09 12:32 AM
    The length of the tip of the mini usb is longer on the moto charger I believe. That is why it dosent work the other way around. I may have that backwards though, it is like 4:30 am here and I am typing.

09-10-09 04:37 AM
    On a side note, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit remembering the Razr.
    OMG.....LMAO!
    09-14-09 02:53 PM
    I actually had a Razr & a Rizr, so over the years I've collected a few different chargers for these, I use them all the time with my Curve & have never had a problem. I keep one plugged in at work incase I need an "emergency" charge & one is always packed away in my travel bag so I never forget a charger, I just throw my charging pod in my suitcase & I'm good to go, but even if I forget that I'm still OK.
    09-14-09 03:07 PM
    I've used the vehicle and wall charger from my Razr on both my Curve and wife's Pearl with success. Haven't tried the reverse since there is no need - the Razr is packed away in the junk drawer.
    09-14-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD